Idling High After Irmc Cleaning

VTHokieDoc

Established Member
After cleaning my IRMCs my cobra now idles over 2000 rpm. If I let it sit a while it will drop down to around 1500 rpm, but as soon as I give it any throttle at all it will go back to over 2000 rpm. Any ideas on what might be going on? Thanks

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Check the IAC (Idle Air Control). Clean it out and try again. Just a guess, I dont have a 4.6 so maybe one of those guys can help you.

VTHokieDoc

Established Member
what is the TPS? I also noticed a a sound that was almost like air was leaking out when I started it today with the hood up. Is it possible that an incomplete gasket seal could be causing this? Is there anywhere else that air could be leaking? Thanks for the help guys.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
VTHokieDoc said:
what is the TPS? I also noticed a a sound that was almost like air was leaking out when I started it today with the hood up. Is it possible that an incomplete gasket seal could be causing this? Is there anywhere else that air could be leaking? Thanks for the help guys.
Vacuum line is off somewhere.

VTHokieDoc

Established Member
Thanks for all the help guys. Turns out it was just a hose that I missed when putting it all back together.

I've got two more questions. Should there be any slack in the throttle cable and if not, how do I fit it? And my second question pertains to spacers. I have the stock cobra wheels with 255/40 and 175/45 on the front and back respectively. I have ordered H and R 1" spacers and I am worried that it is going to make the front tires stick out too far. Would someone please comment on this who has a similar set up. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread