Idler Pulley on Vortech V3 Wastegated Setup

kdaly

Established Member
Good Morning,

Gotta question for ya. A buddy of mine and I were installing my Wastegate setup and swapping the pulley and belt last night. He's a good wrench-er and has taught me quite a bit. We are having quite an issue with getting the Idler Pulley back into the supercharger bracket. I'll try to describe this as best as possible.

I've attached two pics.

The Idler Pulley has a pilot spacer and another spacer on the opposite side. So we cant figure out how to loop the pulley around the Idler Pulley and install it with the pilot spacer and the other spacer all sandwiched together. There isnt space on the Throttle Body side (Green) and on the left side (RED) the coolant line is in the way and you need like two sets of super strong baby hands to put it in.

Do you guys have any tips or tricks to get this ****er in there while the headunit is still installed.

I also cant seem to do it from the bottom side. I wish I could take it to a shop and finish the job but I'd have to tow it there...

ddd.JPGddddd.JPG

Last edited:

dennisn

Established Member
I got mine from underneath. Kinda held pulley and spacers in place and had friend hold it while I installed bolt. You should also have your mount bolts loose to give space to put in.

kdaly

Established Member
This is great, I'll try and remove the piping that is in the way when accessing it from the bottom. Thanks for the response. If anybody has other tricks im open to hearing them! Thanks dennisn

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
just pop out the idler you have the arrows pointing towards and pull the belt out there, then feed back in reverse

kdaly

Established Member
just pop out the idler you have the arrows pointing towards and pull the belt out there, then feed back in reverse

Its already out.... And feeding it back in is the question I'm asking. Looking for ways to do it. Not easy. No room to do anything and keeping all four pieces together is a nightmare.

Tx5.0

Established Member
Save yourself the hassel and remove the top 2 idlers and spacer on the right side. Loosen up all the bolts to allow some play. Its only a few minutes of extra work but you wont be angry at the world.

kdaly

Established Member
Save yourself the hassel and remove the top 2 idlers and spacer on the right side. Loosen up all the bolts to allow some play. Its only a few minutes of extra work but you wont be angry at the world.

Thanks man, I'll try that out! Appreciate the reply. I was angry at the world in a bad way last night. lol

Users who are viewing this thread