Idle/throttle acting funky after vigorous goosing

Oxford

Established Member
Driving down the road at about 1800-2k rpms in 3rd and needed to get ahead of someone so I goosed it a bit to about 3500 and went on my way. On the next red light I notice my idle is sitting at about 1k. From then on the throttle felt alot more sensitive trying to shift and just drive in general. When I finally got to my GF's I let the car sit for about an hour and it was back to normal idling at around 750. This happened once before and I just didnt pay any mind to it as I was driving the car on an exceptionally hot day, but today it was a cool 70.

A quick brainstorming has me thinking TPS? But how does the aggressive pull connect to this? I was also thinking maybe my throttle got a bit caught up but then why did it fix itself when I turned the car off.

Any advice appreciated cobros.

Oxford

Established Member
I spoke to my cousin today who has a 96 cobra and turns out he was having a similar issue when he installed his accufab as well. What TB would you recommend with my mods?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I thought many have run the accufab without issues? Going back to the stock one shouldn't affect your hp much at all with your mods. If you can find a stock one swap it once and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread