Idle Issue

96svtdriver

Established Member
I've searched around the forum and haven't quite found a suitable answer to this. My '11 has developed this idle issue recently around a month ago. It will dip to around 450-500rpm and almost stall at a complete stop and the computer will compensate and kick the idle back up to where it should be. This happens almost consistently whether cold or at running temperature, with or without the A/C on. With the A/C on it's much more noticeable though. I don't have any CEL's and the car is completely stock save for the mods in my signature. I don't even know where to start with this. Any help troubleshooting this would be great.

Torchy

Established Member
My car did this exact same thing but it has a tune. My tuner fixed it with a revised tune.

Jaytecherectus

Established Member
Ford service after three attempts to fix the bouncing idle with new injectors and reflashing the computer gave up on solving the problem. Service manage said they have checked everything - the misfire and bouncing idle aren't causing any damage to the engine so they closed the investigation.

Wish I had some answers too.

LTstandups13

Established Member
my car did the same thing did it about 6 times in 4 months put only on cold starts since ive gotten a new tune and havent done it since do you have a tune on ur car..try looking for any vaccum leaks possibly

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
Check to make sure your intake hose clamps are tight at the throttle body and air filter sides. They will loosen up after a while causing air leaks/idling issues.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread