Idle and Surging Issues - looking for advice/help

roblopez3

Established Member
Hey guys, I've been on the forum for a little while but rarely post so I'm not too familiar with all of this, so I'd like to start off by saying, please excuse me if I posted this in the wrong place.
Anyways, I'm having issues with my 03 cobra idling weird and surging. At idle, the RPMs fluctuate from around 500-1100ish and eventually the car shuts off. Occasionally when I am approaching a stop it shuts off and I have to turn it back on. It also surges really bad from time to time and I've been all over this forum looking for the solution but cannot find anything. I have spoken with my tuner and he claims to have went through my tune and can't find any issues with it, becuiase I suspected it was the tune (still do honestly). I have yet to change the plugs on the car but they're ngk tr6s and I pulled the coil packs and found oil on the shaft of on of them, but I wasn't able to pull the plugs since I have to leave, but I'll pull them tomorrow. My setup is 2.3 VMP TVS, GT500 inlet, GT500 single blade throttle body, 2.6 upper pulley, JLT true cold air intake, SCT BA3000 mass air, ported intake manifold, Fluidyne heat exchanger, LFP intercooler reservoir, Longtubes, Upgraded triple Ford GT supercar pumps, UPR fuel rails, 8AN feed line, 80lb Siemens injectors, Aeromotive fuel filters. The freshly built motor has about 3k miles on it, as do the rest of the mods listed. Made 610rwhp/591rwtq on the 2.6 upper(21lbs) and a ton of belt slip. Has anyone had these issues before? If so, what was the issue and how do I fix it. Someone totaled my daily so I m driving the cobra like this and it really sucks so I need to get it fixed as soon as possible. Thanks in advance, guys!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread