Idle Air Control valve

RiCe_KiLlEr

Established Member
i have been having some idling issues after my new engine install and the installation of my supercharger. my car was idling high so i went and got a new IAC valve. after i installed it that the idle dropped to around 950-1000rpms. while driving the car wants to keep the rpms around 2k. if i am coming to a stop i put the car in neutral and coast. the idle will stay around 2k until i come to a complete stop and wait 5-10 seconds. after that the idle would drop to around 1000rpms. so i went and disconnected the the plug on the IAC valve and the car idles normal and i no longer have the idle hanging around 2k while driving. it is back to normal. if i plug the IAC valve it goes back to doing what it was. i am confused and have no clue whats wrong. it throws a code though while unplugged. code says IAC circuit or something like that. any ideas? id appreciate all the help. i also replaced the TPS sensor and same thing

01yellercobra

Established Member
If it only does it while the IAC is plugged in then the tune probably needs to be tweaked.

Users who are viewing this thread