idi's that much better

bunits19714

Established Member
Are idi's that much better than ford motorsport injectors 60# and 72# versus 1000's - I know the 1000's can support more horsepower but are they worth 650 dollars more when your only planning on 800 at the crank ? I know some tuners say the ford 80's are a bitch to tune with but are the 60 or 72# that hard to tune-

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I see your from Monroe MI. Lidio at Alternative tunes my car on 80lb FRPP injectors. He uses them on all builds between 600 & 850whp. My car drives like stock with them. My friend made 900whp on 80's with his turbo'ed terminator fox body on Lidio's dyno last week. His shop is less then an hour from you.

Some tuners bad mouth the FRPP's and say they can't tune them or have drivability issues... I have no complaints.

AKDMB

Established Member
Make sure you pick your tuner wisely, aka, ask them before you buy. From what I have heard they are a pain to tune as far as getting reliable data goes, but they can be made to drive nice. If your tuner has tuned them before, they shouldn't have much trouble at all.

bunits19714

Established Member
thanks scott for the info- wasn't sure what injectors you were running- works for me- but before I buy I will check with my tuner.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
just as an fyi since you mentioned it, the 80s are the only ones Ive ever seen anyone complain about having issues. The 60s are fine

Users who are viewing this thread