Idiots drive on ice, fall through, leave their dog in the truck to die.

wht93gted

Established Member
This really ticks me off...and to know it happened in my own backyard. Other articles mentioned they drove on the ice and were observed by police doing donuts on the ice. Hope it was worth it...:nonono:

http://patch.com/new-jersey/tomsriv...ter-pickup-truck-falls-through-ice-toms-river

The incident began early Sunday morning when a caller to the Toms River Police Department reported seeing a vehicle on the ice near Gladney Avenue. Toms River police who responded saw the vehicle’s headlight and taillights, and then saw them disappear, at which point they called in search-and-rescue personnel, said Ralph Stocco, spokesman for the Toms River Police Department.The search, which included a U.S. Coast Guard helicopter, continued for several hours before the pickup truck was located, submerged about 100 yards off Motor Road the Pine Beach side of the river.
According to the U.S. Coast Guard website, the penalties for issuing a false distress call as a boater include 6 years in prison, a $250,000 criminal fine, a $5,000 civil fine, and reimbursing the U.S. Coast Guard for the cost of performing the search. The Coast Guard charges from $8,200 to $21,200 per hour depending on which helicopter was involved in the search, according to the Coast Guard website.
There were no human deaths in the incident. Williams said the dog that died, a boxer, was removed from the submerged truck, which was found about 100 yards from shore on the Pine Beach side near Windy Cove by a Coast Guard helicopter.

Last edited:

hb712

Established Member
The only positive is that drowning is a relatively easy way to go. I'll never understand people.

HandBanana

Established Member
Damnit, I was really hoping this was going to be a miracle story and the dog got out in time.

Justice would be launching these assholes into a frozen body of water in a vehicle with the doors welded shut. Assholes. I would risk my life to save my pup but I also wouldn't risk his life driving on ****ing ice.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
This just about says it all. My sentiments exactly.

Damnit, I was really hoping this was going to be a miracle story and the dog got out in time.

Justice would be launching these assholes into a frozen body of water in a vehicle with the doors welded shut. Assholes. I would risk my life to save my pup but I also wouldn't risk his life driving on ****ing ice.

4a7191a

Established Member
That sucks and they should get animal cruelty charges . I know if my dog was in harms way he would of been safe before I was. Now... My cat on the ther hand... Eh..... Lol. ;)

I've got a rescue cat that walked in my house and hasn't left yet. And is mean as F. But it keeps the Great Dane company so it's allowed to stay.

1o1proof

Established Member

Yea....that makes sense.

Maybe they tried to save the dog? It is clear they liked the dog, taking it out with them and its even riding in the cab. I mean wishing people would die over an accident with a dog, a bit extreme.

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
Yea....that makes sense.

Maybe they tried to save the dog? It is clear they liked the dog, taking it out with them and its even riding in the cab. I mean wishing people would die over an accident with a dog, a bit extreme.

Pretty sure the anger is due to the fact that a dog is innocent and was the one killed, while these two idiots knew the risk and lived.

My two Boxers are laying next to me as I type this... I can't imagine either having to go through what that Boxer did. I hope they're charged.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
From the article *comments*: "They went in the water multiple times to try to save the dog and almost died themselves in the process from what I understand. The article doesn't explain that. Media only reports what they want."

Man, does New Jersey let you do anything? Can't have guns, can't do donuts on the ice, can't accidentally kill your dog. Why even live there?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread