Ideas?

Redtop1980

Cobra Freak
Established Member
Any recommendations or am I on the right track for a stout street machine? Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated. All mods and planned mods are listed in my signature. Thanks in advance!

Redtop1980

Cobra Freak
Established Member
Steeda makes the G-Trac suspension. They are suposed to be pretty famous for making Mustangs handle really well. And driving these backroads of VA I need all the grip I can get. I'm not really into the drag thing but I've heard that 4.10 do ok on the street. Or should I go with 3.73 for the higher top-end?

pottsy

Established Member
skip the steeda shit and go to griggs or MM if you're actually looking to get some truly good handling out of the car. I have 4.10's and they are fine for the street, but I would actually suggest more gear especially if you plan on staying N/A for a while...

a turbo setup will make the car an animal, just realize the host of other supporting mods that have to be made in order to have a street-friendly and most importantly reliable setup...good luck with that.

Redtop1980

Cobra Freak
Established Member
I plan on building the motor up with stronger internals and fuel system. Ported and polished heads. Really, what do you guys suggest for the build-up on the turbos? Oh and keep in mind it is and will be my daily driver.

CobraSvt9746

Another 1 Bites The Dust
Established Member
correct me if i am wrong but.....i think it would be better for you to go with 3.55's or 3.73's with a tt setup....

Redtop1980

Cobra Freak
Established Member
Yeah, I think I'm going to go with the 3.73's I want a little more pickup than I have now without sacrifcing the top-end.

Redtop1980

Cobra Freak
Established Member
I'm not doing the Turbo within the next year or so and the rear is on its way out. So I was going to have the 3.73 done while it's apart

Users who are viewing this thread