Ideas on what new car too buy

Tauntonterror

Established Member
I know this will be a little biased seeing it's a ford/mustang forum but I'm ok with that.

So I'm having trouble thinking of other cars that I should consider buying when I sell my current 99 cobra besides a terminator or coyote. Don't get me wrong I like both but Im pushing away a 5.0, too common for me and the terminator will either be out of my price range,( very picky if I get one) or it'll take a while to find the right one on my price range.

With that being said what other cars should I consider buying for anything under about 25k. Car will be bought with cash and I'm open to any suggestions, (import domestic etc.) car will be a second car that I use on nice days or weekend fun.

Tauntonterror

Established Member

Not a huge fan of trucks but I considered that. I saw that cobra but by the time I sell my car that thing will be long gone.

You should EASILY be able to find a very clean 03/04 for 25k or less.

Oh yes but the problem is im picky, only colors I want are sonic blue, white, orange or mysticchrome. Lower mileage, no convertible, hopefully some good mods on it lol.

Never_Enough

Established Member
You can find a nice modded C6 Vette for under $25k now. If it's just a toy, you cannot beat that.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I have a Fiesta ST and it's more fun the any mustang I've driven. Yes more entertaining to drive than the 03/04 SVT or 11+ 5.0.
C5 Z06, e39 m5, e55 I don't think the c63 is under 25k yet. Those the ones I'd look at...

Tauntonterror

Established Member
You can find a nice modded C6 Vette for under $25k now. If it's just a toy, you cannot beat that.

I'll look into those thanks

I have a Fiesta ST and it's more fun the any mustang I've driven. Yes more entertaining to drive than the 03/04 SVT or 11+ 5.0.
C5 Z06, e39 m5, e55 I don't think the c63 is under 25k yet. Those the ones I'd look at...

Eh i don't know how I feel going from a cobra to a fiesta lol

I'd go with a c5 z06

If I can get a c6 over a c5 then I'll go that route fine I like that body style better.

Thanks for the options guys

Never_Enough

Established Member
What makes tq steer more fun than a fun RWD V8? Not asking to be an ass. I actually am curious.

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
What makes tq steer more fun than a fun RWD V8? Not asking to be an ass. I actually am curious.
The Fiesta has no torque steer once so ever. What makes it fun is that you can use almost 100% of its abilities in every day driving. Its like driving a go kart to work.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Control. Really I don't notice the torque steer, it turns and breaks on a dime and you can control it in a corner even with oversteer slides. It's a blast to drive.
There's a reason it beat out the p1 for car of the year a few years ago.
From RT article.
"The Ford had seemed competent enough on the track, but on the road, it's a revelation. It's full throttle everywhere and trail-brake and body roll and just thrilling. "You wouldn't want to go any faster on these roads than the Fiesta can go," Cammisa says. It's a rare moment of sanity from our in-house drift-master, but he has a point. There's enough brake, enough power, enough grip. Smith notes that it has roughly the power-to-weight ratio of an E30-chassis BMW M3, and it shares that car's appetite for the road—if you can't go fast in the Fiesta, you can't go fast."

Never_Enough

Established Member
The Fiesta has no torque steer once so ever. What makes it fun is that you can use almost 100% of its abilities in every day driving. Its like driving a go kart to work.
According to other owners, it does.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
It has a little pull when mash the gas. For me going around corners as quick and confident as one can go on street makes the car so much better than the past mustangs. You don't have to wait for a 4k lb mustang to turn.

08mojo

Established Member
It has a little pull when mash the gas. For me going around corners as quick and confident as one can go on street makes the car so much better than the past mustangs. You don't have to wait for a 4k lb mustang to turn.

I can understand this. Some of the most fun I've had on the street was in my VW GTI--and it was just a daily beater.

The car that inspired the most confidence for me in the corners was my e46 M3--that car seemed like it was glued to the road. It, like the fiesta, had a torque-less engine:D, so I guess it had to make up for the lack of power somewhere.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The fiesta is not torqueless. It has good torque. 200 and 2700lbs. Weighing 500 lbs less than the c6z almost 1000 less than the 03 mustang SVT.

That's the great part about it. They say it's another first gen m3.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
According to other owners, it does.
With a stock car, I never felt it. I've driven one on the street on multiple occasions, 2 separate tracks and an autocross course.

They are really well sorted.

My Chevy buddy had one for like a year and sold it to get a 6th gen Camaro. Any time he sees one he talks about how he wants to go back because "you'll never not have fun when driving one." Those are his exact words.

Never_Enough

Established Member
With a stock car, I never felt it. I've driven one on the street on multiple occasions, 2 separate tracks and an autocross course.

They are really well sorted.

My Chevy buddy had one for like a year and sold it to get a 6th gen Camaro. Any time he sees one he talks about how he wants to go back because "you'll never not have fun when driving one." Those are his exact words.
The guy I bought the Camaro I had last year from has a modded FiST & he said tq steer is very noticeable. I think I'm gonna look for a TBSS, though, since they are going to cost the same worst case. I want something that I can haul stuff if need be.

Users who are viewing this thread