Ideas needed for a engine combo

93snake93

Established Member
What's a engine combo to make more power (N/A) while keeping a stock looking cobra motor. I still want to use the stock intake and valve covers etc.. so nobody can tell anything has been done. Any ideas will help so I can get this ball rolling.

super302

Established Member
if you're on a budget, jsut port the hell out of the heads and intake, and add a more aggressive cam

9T3SVT

Established Member
93snake93 said:
what do you guys think about a 306?

Depends on the numbers your looking for ;-)

Most guys running 306's are boosted, but the engine is purpose built. For what you want I'd say a good 331 with aluminum heads, custom cam, and get the upper and lower ported.

i3ooivl

Established Member
my 306 has really high compression and made 300+ hp with pretty much stock everything else....

ps (shameless plug) my 306 is forsale in the market section ;-)

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
My opinion:
10:1 347
AFR 185s (painted to look like stock iron if you really want to go all out)
custom cam
Cobra intake (heavily ported/extrude honed is a must for hp and will not look different)
1 3/4" BBK longtubes
Bigger TB/mass-air/AFM powerpipe

'just a bolt-on 302'

-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
mgerman93 said:

Hey Mark, how you been? I haven't talked to you in a while and didn't know you posted here. If you're interested in going to some Norwalk track rentals shoot me a PM.

93snake93: If you want power and the Cobra intake this is the guy to talk to.
I think he's done all you can with porting one.

Later, J
:beer:

alotahp92gt

Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
any aluminum head with pedestal mount rocker arms and a stroker motor such as a 331 or 347

I agree with the 331 and a set of alum heads... AFR 185s and a good cam.

mgerman93

Established Member
What's up J? It's been awhile. I'm always interested in track rentals. I have a list of some if you're interested as well. We usually have at least one a month. The next one is august 17th from 12 to 4 followed by the regular wednesday night program. Then september 14th from 12 to 4 again followed by wed program. Don't forget about the fall smackdown. That event is just awesome. Eight hour track rental in cool dry air!! Lookin for some 10.90s with the ol NA 306. Maybe the planets will align. lol :beer:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome Mark. FFW was the first passes I've made with it in 3 years...best was 11.66@123 w/ 1.80 60' just getting it down the track. I'll send ya a PM later to get to some of those track days. -J

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Well, you're gonna have to sacrifice the stock look if you want some aluminum heads. I think trickflow has a high port iron head but it's always nice to knock off 50lbs IMO by going aluminum.

My thoughts:
AFR 165's
Good cam, anderson or Ed Curtis.
Port the upper and lower intakes
70mm throttle body

Then of course a good dyno tune.

Users who are viewing this thread