ID 1300 too tall?

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
I have a correct set of ID1300's but for some reason the bolt hole on my Fore rails does not line up with my 01 cobra intake. The injectors are taller than the 60 lbers I'm replacing. I've called both Fore and T1 and neither had a real answer on why it's not lining up. Fore suggested to cut the lower oring and T1 suggested widening the bolt hole on my fuel rails. The distance between the holes is less than 1/8 of an inch. Can anyone offer some support?

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
I would think it would be easiest to just ream out the hole on the rail a little to get enough room.

That is my current plan of attack but I was just curious if I was doing something wrong, I'm not sure what it could since installing injectors is rather straight forward.

JeremyH

Established Member
So the Injectors are too tall or the rail mounting holes don't line up with the manifold, which is it or is it both?

cj428mach

Established Member
On my ID1000's with Fore rails I had to pull the rail away from the mounting tab as far as everything would reach. This allowed me to get the fuel rail bolts started then I tightened them up. If I put the rails up against the mounting tabs on the intake they were just slightly off.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
On my ID1000's with Fore rails I had to pull the rail away from the mounting tab as far as everything would reach. This allowed me to get the fuel rail bolts started then I tightened them up. If I put the rails up against the mounting tabs on the intake they were just slightly off.

Good to hear that I'm not the only one to have this type of issue. I'm thinking I'll just open the hole up a touch and try your trick. Thanks!

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
OP the reason the mounting holes on the fuel rails are not aligning up with lower intake is, because the injectors are not seating all the way down into the injectors bosses in lower intake. I had the same issue when I was installing my I.D1300's. My fix was to cut off the black plastic o-ring retainer on the base tip of the injector ( circled in red). Than they will seat properly in the injector boss in the lower intake. Do this mod and I guarantee you that mounting holes will line up. Side note by removing the plastic retainer, there are no negative affects on the performance or function of the injectors in anyway. The purpose of the retainer is to keep the o-ring from coming off. Which it will not once it is seated in the injector boss. I have confirmed this with guys over at Injector Dynamics.

DSCF0123_zps00ec27a4.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
That is what Justin at Fore said they typically have to do on the Chargers but T1 didn't seem so confident. I just wanted some opinions before I went and started cutting on my brand new 1800 bucks injectors.

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We have found that T1 builds the spacers/adapters just a tad too tall for the "Cobra" applications, we've had a few customers call us with the same issue and as you found out, the ID's are taller than the 60's you pulled out. I was not aware of removing the lower O ring retainer resolving the issue, so that's good to know. We've usually ended up having the customers send the purple spacers back and then using 2 spacers on each injector that we manufacturer.

Last edited:

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
We have found that T1 builds the spacers/adapters just a tad too tall for the "Cobra" applications, we've had a few customers call us with the same issue and as you found out, the ID's are taller than the 60's you pulled out. I was not aware of removing the lower O ring retainer resolving the issue, so that's good to know. We've usually ended up having the customers send the purple spacers back and then using 2 spacers on each injector that we manufacturer.

Derek if you don't mind can you post pics of the 2 spacers you are referring to. I am very curious to see what they look like.

wmfateam

Established Member
OP the reason the mounting holes on the fuel rails are not aligning up with lower intake is, because the injectors are not seating all the way down into the injectors bosses in lower intake. I had the same issue when I was installing my I.D1300's. My fix was to cut off the black plastic o-ring retainer on the base tip of the injector ( circled in red). Than they will seat properly in the injector boss in the lower intake. Do this mod and I guarantee you that mounting holes will line up. Side note by removing the plastic retainer, there are no negative affects on the performance or function of the injectors in anyway. The purpose of the retainer is to keep the o-ring from coming off. Which it will not once it is seated in the injector boss. I have confirmed this with guys over at Injector Dynamics.

DSCF0123_zps00ec27a4.jpg
[/IMG]
This is what we did on our cobras and I work for Injector Dynamics. The little top and lower hats will work as well, but one way is not better than the other.

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
You can view them here. To make the ID's proper height, each injectors uses 2 spacers...

http://www.lethalperformance.com/lethal-performance-fuel-injector-spacers-set-of-8.html

Thank you for the link.

This is what we did on our cobras and I work for Injector Dynamics. The little top and lower hats will work as well, but one way is not better than the other.

I agree with you one way is not better than the other. I been running my car with injectors modded the way I mentioned for over a year now and have 5K miles on them making 800whp without a hiccup.

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member

I hope my setup works and isn't putting to much pressure on the injector. Would have been great to know that I have to mod my brand new rails, or my brand new injectors because the injectors aren't the correct height.

Users who are viewing this thread