Icey res... 1st impressions

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
Well, After doing the installl and coolant piping. I managed to get the truck to an AC shop. A few glitches, but we ironed them out. (make sure they use the correct O rings!!) Anyways, Got a chance to test out the unit. 1 word Awsome. At 80 mph cruise, I go WOT and IAT2's are 102 deg, IAT1's were 128. keep in mind that is spinning a STOCk eaton with a 10# lower. In traffic is slightly higher, but so are the iat 1's. I currently dont have a real CAI, just a temporary K7N filter sitting out in the open under the hood. Nice thing is, there's no feeling of power drop off on a WOT burst from, low to high speed. went from 40 to 120 and the power was smooth and constant. The heat wash to the radiator was about 10 deg, but i am running a electric ewater pumop, so im not sure how accurate that would be on a mechanical pump truck. I unhooked the tranny line from the radiator and am running it back to a B & M race cooler with its own 9.5" fan, so nexty time out ill do some more reading. BTW, i got these temps with the aeroforce OBD2 gauge.:beer:

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Any pics of this?? I've seen FadetoBlacks, but it would be nice to see extra pics. Finally got some time off and looking at getting mine setup tomorrow. Any extra how-to's would be great.

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Large A/C line gave me hell but, we finally got the system charged up... Like Screaming01L said, this thing is "awesome." I noticed a heck of a difference during driving around. We did some datalogging before and after. The results were pleasing. During first run the temps were 116 to 128 without cooler. With cooler on and letting truck run on dyno for ten minutes with A/C on(full blast), temps were 96-98 to 106-108(WOT) at end of run. The downstream temps were running at 109-114(Chiller On) with truck running for another ten minutes after both dyno pulls. This number would obviously be alot lower with driving around instead of sitting in a shop with little airflow.

Here's some video footage of the dyno pulls..
http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k...G 15 Sep 07/?action=view&current=PB010599.flv

PB010603.jpg

PB010604.jpg

PB010606.jpg

PB010609.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread