Ice Wax

Bolt99SVT

missin' the screams...
Established Member
Hey all,

I wanted to see what everybody's opinions or thoughts were about the Ice Wax from Turtle Wax?

I have used the Paste-style wax on 2 or 3 cars now, and I'm debating if I really like it... I love how it doesn't leave any white clumps or residue, and I love that it actually brightens plastic trim.

But I'm having a problem with it leaving streaks... I will get done certain areas and they will look good, but in different angles I can see streaks.
It almost seems to work better outdoors in the sunlight (which is hard to believe because I'm not use to waxing outside), but I still have a problem with streaking sometimes... Its kind of like hit and miss...

My brother has the Liquid-style wax, and it does the same thing. I've seen it on his car, and he said it also seemed to be not as bad when waxing outdoors...

So what are you guys' experiences and opinions?? :shrug:

Thanks,
Frank

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
I love it....my nephew bought me some and said it worked great on his M3. So i tried it. It went on very easy and made my Shelby look great.... no complaints here.

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
ive never liked turtle wax's products, they seem a little chessy to me. More then likely it will leave streaks depending on the outdoor conditions. Ive always had the paste work better indoors, and the liquid ice polish work great in the sun.

it might be the humidity...alot of wax's react different, thats why i only use one wax on all my cars, and will never change.

goes on in sunlight, humidity, heat, cold, you name it, stuffs amazing, but its a secret :)

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
I actually detail for a living, and agree that the Eagle One Wax and Turtle Wax is not that great. If you want something decent with out spending $150-200 for one wax like I do, look into Meguiars Gold Class or any of the NXT 2.0 products. All can be found at Autozones or Advance and will do just fine for what you want.

Also the streaks sometime depend on the type of towel you are removing it with.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Try some Dodo Juice products. If you think that over the counter stuff is nice, you are in for a pleasant surprise. Tell Dan that Matt with the mystic cobra sent you, you might get a discount too lol.

Dodo Juice USA

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
Try some Dodo Juice products. If you think that over the counter stuff is nice, you are in for a pleasant surprise. Tell Dan that Matt with the mystic cobra sent you, you might get a discount too lol.

Dodo Juice USA

Biggest waste of money ever. The Dodo Juice waxes are not that great. Even more so for $175 for the medium container. Nothing but a very hard wax thats tuff on and tuff off.

Used some of the supernatural sample I got for $40 :cuss: on two cars and was not impressed. If you want to spend upwards of $200 for some waxes looking into Fuzion or for the low $100's some Nattys Red or Blue!

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Biggest waste of money ever. The Dodo Juice waxes are not that great. Even more so for $175 for the medium container. Nothing but a very hard wax thats tuff on and tuff off.

Used some of the supernatural sample I got for $40 :cuss: on two cars and was not impressed. If you want to spend upwards of $200 for some waxes looking into Fuzion or for the low $100's some Nattys Red or Blue!

Sample pot is $27, you got screwed. Medium container is $109. It isn't tuff on and def not tuff off. You must be a pussy. And you say you detail for a living? Must be starving.

And if you spent "low $100s" on Natty's Blue I have some oceanfront property here in Kentucky you need to invest in.

OP...good luck with the wax, most every non OTC product is pretty darn good.

Last edited:

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
Sample pot is $27, you got screwed. Medium container is $109. It isn't tuff on and def not tuff off. You must be a pussy. And you say you detail for a living? Must be starving.

And if you spent "low $100s" on Natty's Blue I have some oceanfront property here in Kentucky you need to invest in.

OP...good luck with the wax, most every non OTC product is pretty darn good.

Where you referring to regular Dodo Juice? or Supernatural? Also you would be the ONLY and I mean ONLY person to say that the Dodo Waxes arent hard waxes. Also I posted the wrong price 32oz tubs go for $50. Dont know why I thought of low $100's.

Also I am far from starving!

SVTMACH

Established Member
I actually detail for a living, and agree that the Eagle One Wax and Turtle Wax is not that great. If you want something decent with out spending $150-200 for one wax like I do, look into Meguiars Gold Class or any of the NXT 2.0 products. All can be found at Autozones or Advance and will do just fine for what you want.

X2......im a detailer and i have tons of expensive products but if im gunna use an over the counter product i go straight for the NXT...its low cost and works great.....

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Where you referring to regular Dodo Juice? or Supernatural? Also you would be the ONLY and I mean ONLY person to say that the Dodo Waxes arent hard waxes. Also I posted the wrong price 32oz tubs go for $50. Dont know why I thought of low $100's.

Also I am far from starving!

Yes sorry I meant SN and where did I say they weren't hard waxes? They make both but I said was the ones I had used were easy cheesy to apply and remove. My Natty's Blue was like $20.

Last edited:

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
Medium container is $109. It isn't tuff on and def not tuff off. You must be a pussy. And you say you detail for a living? Must be starving.

Yes sorry I meant SN and where did I say they weren't hard waxes? They make both but I said was the ones I had used were easy cheesy to apply and remove. My Natty's Blue was like $20.

Well seeing as how you resorted to a childish reply, when someone doesnt agree with your wax. I originally posted that its a hard wax thats tuff on and tuff off. Your reply never mentioned for or against me saying it was a hard wax. You just stated that it was easy on easy off for you!

Also the small container of nattys blue is only $20-25. I dont buy the small containers. I buy there large tubs that go for around $50.

VNGNCE908

VNGNCE
Established Member
I used NXT 2.0 on my black cobra and black mazda 3, and they both came out looking very nice. Ill post a pic when I get a chance. I also clayed the front half of the cobra before hand.
Mike

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Well seeing as how you resorted to a childish reply, when someone doesnt agree with your wax. I originally posted that its a hard wax thats tuff on and tuff off. Your reply never mentioned for or against me saying it was a hard wax. You just stated that it was easy on easy off for you!

Also the small container of nattys blue is only $20-25. I dont buy the small containers. I buy there large tubs that go for around $50.

I was just joking with you, dont get your panties in a wad! You must have missed that comment when you first replied. I could care less about whether you agree with my wax, man that's petty for the both of us. What I didnt care for was your initial response that it was crap. That simply was not necessary. Plus it wasn't true. If poking fun at someone is going to get under your skin, this is not the website for you.

Last edited:

Bolt99SVT

missin' the screams...
Established Member
Sorry guys for taking so long writing back... I haven't been on much.
Thanks for all of your replys and comments.:beer:

-
ive never liked turtle wax's products, they seem a little chessy to me. More then likely it will leave streaks depending on the outdoor conditions. Ive always had the paste work better indoors, and the liquid ice polish work great in the sun.
it might be the humidity...alot of wax's react different, thats why i only use one wax on all my cars, and will never change.
goes on in sunlight, humidity, heat, cold, you name it, stuffs amazing, but its a secret :)

Yeah I've never been a fan of Turtle Wax products, but I wanted to try this Ice stuff out since I've been hearing all the hype. You may be right about the humidity...

Come on now, Dom!! ... you can't be keeping secrets!! ...now you got everybody wondering...or atleast me... LOL

-

I always use a clean MF towel. And yeah I agree, I usually use the Gold Class. ...just wanted to try this stuff out.

Thanks,
Frank

200310thCobra

Established Member
The Ice stuff is great. I use it on the car and all the black plastic trim. The only downside is that is doesn't last too long but its a great polish and cleans the paint tremendously!! So I also use Meguiars Tech over the top. Looks like a mirror on a black car!

miclightning

SVT Detailer
Established Member
+1 I heard that stuff blows. try autogeek.com or detailedimage.com theres so much info there.

+100000000000000000000 on the JUNK comment

use that liquid "wax" as a glaze if you want.

its not a wax by any means and will not protect your paint like a real quality wax.

if you aren't trying to spend alot of money try Poor Boys Natty's Blue, its an excellent wax with a nice mix of protection and shine. Im sure there are plenty of people on this site that will agree

- Sean

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

this.

and Natty's Blue or Red is cheap, what is it, like $20 for a container?

ive detailed 7 cars with a single tub and i still have half of it left. And it holds up excellent, though i usually reapply every other wash.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread