IC pump?

MysticSN95

Established Member
Anybody know how to rewire the IC so you can run it when you want? I can do the wiring just need to know the wires to tap into. I'll do a write up if I knew the wires to use.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
MysticSN95 said:
Anybody know how to rewire the IC so you can run it when you want? I can do the wiring just need to know the wires to tap into. I'll do a write up if I knew the wires to use.

If you remove the square fuse in that box, the way to get it to run is jumper the two sides, from the front of the car they are the ones on the left and the right. I don't know if this will help you figure out the wiring.

Joe D

Established Member
It is my understanding the I/C algorithm is if the ACT or the ECT is above 40 degrees F the pump will be on....... So essentially it's on most of the time. What is to be gained by a manual control. If you inadvertantly turn off the pump, you'll very quickly eat a piston!

Just curious as to why you want the manual control.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
Joe D said:
It is my understanding the I/C algorithm is if the ACT or the ECT is above 40 degrees F the pump will be on....... So essentially it's on most of the time. What is to be gained by a manual control. If you inadvertantly turn off the pump, you'll very quickly eat a piston!

Just curious as to why you want the manual control.

so you can run the pump between runs @ the drag strip. You can do this with a jumper with the car off. It cools down the intercooler with the motor off.

MysticSN95

Established Member
Yea I am still gonna let the computer control it normally but I want to be able to let it circulate during cool down time.

Joe D

Established Member
MysticSN95 said:
Yea I am still gonna let the computer control it normally but I want to be able to let it circulate during cool down time.

That makes sense, but to be really effective, you'd need one of the I/C radiators that has the fans attatched to it...... then it would make sense to manually circulate the water and have the I/C fans running.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Joe D said:
That makes sense, but to be really effective, you'd need one of the I/C radiators that has the fans attatched to it...... then it would make sense to manually circulate the water and have the I/C fans running.

The fans are not a necessity, but would make it work even better. Just running the coolant will significantly cool everything down.

Users who are viewing this thread