IAT2 temp in custom tune when timing is increased?

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
In another post a member suggested that in most custom tunes the IAT2 temp when timing is decreased was 140 degrees. I had thought about increasing the threshhold at one point a bit as mine is set at 100 but 140 seemed very high. Does anyone have a custom tune where it was set higher and at what temp.
Thanks

Last edited:
That is the stock threshold where it begins and it ramps up from there. I think it is low... but that is where it begins if it was not changed in the custom tune.

That's a rediculously low setting for any custom tune. I've never heard of any tuner being that conservative.

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
130-150*

140* is average/typical.
I think you were the member that originially told me 140 on another post. Thanks for the info.

What is yours set at and who did the tune. Do many of the common email tunes have it set at 140, Bama is one apparently from a previous post.

Not doubting you just looking for some more info so I can have it set correctly for 91 octane and the boost level I am running at. Interesting that I had the car tuned by Jerry W from SCT the last time and he did not change it from where it was. Probably an oversight or not everyone is changing it.

cobracide

Established Member
I think you were the member that originially told me 140 on another post. Thanks for the info.
Yeah, I post too much.

What is yours set at and who did the tune. Do many of the common email tunes have it set at 140, Bama is one apparently from a previous post.
140*
tuner - sorry can't say, let' say they aren't as smart as you and they think they are.

Not doubting you just looking for some more info so I can have it set correctly for 91 octane and the boost level I am running at. Interesting that I had the car tuned by Jerry W from SCT the last time and he did not change it from where it was. Probably an oversight or not everyone is changing it.

No problem, sct people tuning your car? Weird. Someone know a good tuner out there near San Marcos?

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
Yeah, I post too much.

140*
tuner - sorry can't say, let' say they aren't as smart as you and they think they are.

No problem, sct people tuning your car? Weird. Someone know a good tuner out there near San Marcos?
Thanks. The car was tuned by Manning Mototsports... I have used for years. JBA Racing in San Diego a few years back flew Jerry from SCT in and he did the last tune. Thought it my be worth having him check it out. Made pretty much the same numbers as the original tune with virtually no changes. Barry tuned it right the first time except the adjustment for the IAT2 was not altered by either of them. I am having Barry at Manning alter this.

Users who are viewing this thread