IAT Sensor into WMS intake

RioRed97Cob

Established Member
Hey guys,
I came across one of the old WMS velocity kits which has the discontinued upper pipe with it. I was quite happy to find one and got the lower pipe to install with it as well. All went great until the end, when it was time to pop in the IAT sensor on the bottom of the piping. Popped it out of the stock rubber intake tube when I realized I didn't receive a rubber grommet for the sensor.
Anyone came across this when installing this intake or similar ones? I automatically assumed there'd be a grommet that came out of the stock intake tube. I tried going to all the automotive stores around town and wasted some $ on a few different universal grommets but none seemed to mate up properly or seal the hole and sensor effectively.
I used to have a GT and I swear that they had a similar grommet I could possibly swap over. Other thoughts were to contact WMS and pray they actually supply some sort of grommet to fit the hole.
My buddy even suggested getting a grommet thats close to fitting and using silicon to seal it up. Someone's had to been down this road before and I appreciate any help. Thanks

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Well I don't know why, but I just went out and looked at my wms intake. The only thing I was able to figure out though, is that um I have a grommet that works. lol :poke:

If you want me to take a picture I guess I could, but I don't know where you might be able to locate one. Try calling them though.

Free bump? lol good luck!

chikenkiwi2

Established Member
Type in RUBBER GROMMETS in your search engine and 18439578437438957439 sites will come up. Problem solved. lol. I destroyed part of my grommet and used silicone to seal it up. Works fine. The WMS intake will stay cool as ***k. :)

RioRed97Cob

Established Member
DVJ38 - well I figure the grommet must have been supplied by WMS. I'll definitely be calling them first. Thanks
I guess it's the price ya pay for used parts.. sometimes. And I should have caught the grommet not being supplied.
Isn't there a guy on here or a forum for a Ford Parts Dealer? The dealership in my hometown was pretty worthless this weekend. I might try something from a different gt/cobra

RioRed97Cob

Established Member
Ive heard nothing but good about wms and searched quite a while for the upper intake tube. But it will definitely be worth it and I'm pumped to keep my STB.
I'm sure everyone remembers that custom intake Ciotti made with the WMS upper and 9 in. filter.. I might try it out after running the full WMS kit first

goat-ee

Established Member
I had to get rid of my WMS when I went turbo, but I loved the WMS. And yes it's just a rubber grommet. Don't make this hard on yourself, looking all over the place, call WMS, they had/have about the best customer service I ever dealt with!!

Western Motorsports Inc.
223114 Range Rd 285
Rockyview (Calgary), AB
T1X 0J7
Phone: 403-243-6205 Fax: 403-243-8102
email. [email protected]

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I second calling WMS. I used to have one on my car and it was fantastic, as was their customer service.

Although, I don't see why the silicone would not be a reasonable solution. The incoming air-charge isn't under pressure so I imagine it would hold fine.

Users who are viewing this thread