iat position?

JOHNDIXON

Established Member
Just installed a jlt shorty intake and finished putting my ported blower on, runs great but while driving noticing that the iat1 temps seem to increase with throttle/rpm. I have the sensor element facing airflow like a maf would, wondering if the sensor is oriented wrong? Dont remember the iat1s doing this last year? I dont have the car tuned yet so im not hitting any boost yet, just dont want wrong readings to be pulling timing on the dyno. Any help would be appriciated.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
im pretty sure the computer pulls timing by the measurement of temp from the IAT2 ... IAT1 is just miscellanious info and doesnt mess with your tune

cbr repsol

Established Member
finished putting my ported blower on

Glad you got her together, I hope the info i gave you helped. I tried to p.m. you but i dont think it will let me since you have a low post count. I email you back did you ever get my response about the needle bearing grease?

JOHNDIXON

Established Member
i did get your email thanks, found some at a local parts store. cars getting tuned tommorow. the iat2s look normal, i figured the same about the iat1s being not very important, the iat1s are reading higher than the iat2s but if its not gonna pull any timing i don't really care what the iat1s read, thanks for your input and thanks again to cbr repsol for the eaton tips.

Users who are viewing this thread