iac????? please help

2003 dsg cobra

Established Member
whats goin on fellas... got a promblem just got my car tunned tuesday. The damn thing just threw a code. for my iac it said p1506 idle air control (iac) over speed area. the car kept stalling on me my tunner suggested that i raise the idle on my accufab becuase they changed the ecu(i think thats it) which was one of the promblems for the 03s stalling. my question is should i just buy a new iac from ford ive cleaned this one once befor still sucked and will it affect my tune at all i dont know much about cars i was hopin one of you guys could help me out the car has 6500 orignal miles on it its strang that the iac went bad with that small of a mile gap. not sure what to do.... thanks guys appreciate it.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
I had an IAC code throw two nights ago after a car show.

Turns out the IAC plug wasn't even plugged in all the way. I bet some little shit messed with it while the hood was open.

So check to make sure it is connected. If it is, check the FRPS to make sure that is working properly. Another thing while I was looking up codes for the IAC was a damaged ECU. But check the FRPS first.

Users who are viewing this thread