i wrecked my cobra tonight......pics inside

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: was drivin on a local highway while making a delivery for my work. it was pouring rain and i was goin slow cause i couldnt see, i was goin a little under 60. the rear end hydroplaned and i spun backwards into the median guardrail. damage: rear bumper, left taillight, air bags deployed, and the driver side window busted. other than that she is ok, runs fine still and all that. so to top it all of i got yelled at by my parents about it. it looks like its gonna cost me a few thousand to fix, or a few thousand in insurance increase if i make a claim. i dont know what to do yet. bye bye supercharger. heres some pics:

cobrawreck003.jpg

cobrawreck001.jpg

cobrawreck002.jpg

cobrawreck004.jpg

cobrawreck005.jpg

cobrawreck006.jpg

i hope the door gap is off becasue of the glass and stuff thats broken inside it. what do you guys think this is gonna cost me?

Black3KGT

SECURITY
Established Member
doesnt look too bad IMO. If you know some people you can get airbags fairly cheap(got mine for $300 each) and bodywork/paint... I'm sure you've got some buddies who are willing to help you out.

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
Black3KGT said:
doesnt look too bad IMO. If you know some people you can get airbags fairly cheap(got mine for $300 each) and bodywork/paint... I'm sure you've got some buddies who are willing to help you out.
im gonna be looking around tomorrow and makin some calls.

Jwilliams

Resident Pimp
Established Member
dude ive seen 3 cars this week crash with that support the troops sticker, i swear they are bad luck or somethin.. sucks man :(

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
Jwilliams said:
dude ive seen 3 cars this week crash with that support the troops sticker, i swear they are bad luck or somethin.. sucks man :(
LOL, well it aint comin off! im hopin its gonna be around 1500 or so to get it taken care of, but around 2G's sounds more realistic. im still in awe that i crashed my baby. this is the second time ive eatin an airbag and come out without a scratch. someone upstairs must love me. i feel so lucky! yet pissed at the same! i need some sex!

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
It's just a bumper, a tail light, and a window. That's probably less than $1,000 to fix. The most expensive fix will be getting the airbags repacked.

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
LAXbronco65 said:
LOL, well it aint comin off! im hopin its gonna be around 1500 or so to get it taken care of, but around 2G's sounds more realistic. im still in awe that i crashed my baby. this is the second time ive eatin an airbag and come out without a scratch. someone upstairs must love me. i feel so lucky! yet pissed at the same! i need some sex!

air bags at e-bay are very inexpenisive.....check them out

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
I am sorry to see this happen...It was raining pretty hard here in the Bay Area. At least your okay. Get some estimates and tell them it is coming out of your pocket..they may give you a break. Also ask your boss if they have insurance to cover this type of incident...it did happen while delivering something for you job.

Last edited:

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
cobra4v said:
I am sorry to see this happen...It was raining pretty hard here in the Bay Area. At least your okay. Get some estimates and tell them it is coming out of your pocket..they may give you a break. Also ask your boss if they have insurance to cover this type of incident...it did happen while delivering something for you job.
im gonna see what i can get out of my work, becasue i was delivering after we are supposed to and all that stuff. i doubt theyre gonna give me anything though. at least i got to keep the food i was supposed to deliver, and i didnt get to do a cashout, so i have like $200 cash right now that belongs to the restraunt. i wonder if they are gonna notice. lol

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
justin, i saw your post on our local forum.. sucks so hard man. be thankful you are okay. looks like I'll let you have to drive my cobra to make you feel better. I'm sure we can all help you out in any way possible.

-lex

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
Zinc03Cobra said:
justin, i saw your post on our local forum.. sucks so hard man. be thankful you are okay. looks like I'll let you have to drive my cobra to make you feel better. I'm sure we can all help you out in any way possible.

-lex
thanx bro, and i may have to take you up on that offer. i just got a promotion at work, so i should have her back to 100% in a month or 2. then i will restart the supercharger fund! you know of any good body shops in town?

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
Unsure of body shops, but you can ask on sacstangs. I know a lot of guys that have had body work done. When keith wrecked his GT a little bit, he went to the best body shop in all of sactown (at least that's what he said). GT never looked better. ask around. I'm sure they can make a ton of recommendations.

stevieb

Established Member
LAXbronco65 said:
im gonna see what i can get out of my work, becasue i was delivering after we are supposed to and all that stuff. i doubt theyre gonna give me anything though. at least i got to keep the food i was supposed to deliver, and i didnt get to do a cashout, so i have like $200 cash right now that belongs to the restraunt. i wonder if they are gonna notice. lol
Look carefully into this. Your insurance co may not cover you if you have an accident while using your car for hire. Thats why on many applications they have that little box they want you to check off, this releases them from liability.
Id look hard at your employers or his ins company or any documents you signed when hired. Here in Calif I know if you get injured to or from work, you can be covered under workmans comp. This could get real sticky here. Play heads up, everyone will be looking to get out of paying for this.

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
That sucks man. I hate to see that happen to our cars. I hope the insurance hooks you up. Take it to the dealer, get an estimate, have a buddy do the work for you and buy some "goodies" with the money you save. ;)

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Since you were on the job, it should go on the employer's tab. Speak to them about it and if they do nothing, talk w/ a lawyer. Watch how you step though because somebody's going to get screwed on insurance if you choose to turn it in. If it's you, you will be pissed at your boss for not coming through....if its your boss, he will probably be pissed at you for putting it on him.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Want03Cobra said:
air bags at e-bay are very inexpenisive.....check them out

with a system that potentially holds your life in its hands, i dont recommend putting your faith into the ebay seller.

oldnfast

approaching ancient
Established Member
Plastic & metal can be fixed a lot more easily than your body parts (if you get my drift). I think we're all glad nothing happened to YOU!

Users who are viewing this thread