I work at Roush

EATONU

gitsome
Established Member
So I just moved to Northville, Michigan. Im workin at Roush building the stangs and new F-150's i was just curious if anyone lives in the Detroit area,
Who would be intrested in meeting up in the spring and what not, try and get a lightning storm goin on...... Alright so that was a bad joke, but Reply is you are near the D :coolman:

If anyone has any question, ive got a lot of engineers that i work with who were a part of the development of the lightning. So knowledge is on tap :read:

Thanks

Last edited:

007ightning

Established Member
can you see if they can make us some more Roush Suspension kits for our Lightnings? :-D
Maybe on a limited release........again.

John

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
007ightning said:
can you see if they can make us some more Roush Suspension kits for our Lightnings? :-D
Maybe on a limited release........again.

John

I knew that was coming. +1 more!

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
Can you ask the engineers why they decided on a caged pulley that weighs 10x what a machined pulley does? Maybe this will answer the age old argument of caged vs un caged pulley set-ups...

EATONU

gitsome
Established Member
I myself have been doing some digging about this suspension, It actually had nothing to do with Roush production, but was actually was sub-contracted through Hotchkis, which still makes all our suspension for the new style F-150 builds.
Which while on that topic the supercharged trucks we build now still use the caged setup...... I think i heard some mention about the cage almost acts like a damper against chatter from the s/c vise versa. But i have a 4 lb. on my lightning, i dont feel any vibration difference at all, just power.

I will talk to the production manager about some more kits, see if hotchkis has more in storage.... It is a very nice kit, the ride is perfect on the 05+ installs

EATONU

gitsome
Established Member
DET_SVT05 said:
drive pass republic drive everyday eat on you.

I just moved out here from cleveland... where is republic drive? im on Plymouth between middlebelt and inkster.....

btw is suppose to be Eaton U.... Like "eating you up" :mj:

Dan

OH-MAN

Established Member
EATONU said:
I myself have been doing some digging about this suspension, It actually had nothing to do with Roush production, but was actually was sub-contracted through Hotchkis, which still makes all our suspension for the new style F-150 builds.
Which while on that topic the supercharged trucks we build now still use the caged setup...... I think i heard some mention about the cage almost acts like a damper against chatter from the s/c vise versa. But i have a 4 lb. on my lightning, i dont feel any vibration difference at all, just power.

I will talk to the production manager about some more kits, see if hotchkis has more in storage.... It is a very nice kit, the ride is perfect on the 05+ installs

In the words of Artie Johnson "Verrrry Interesting"
The Roush suspension was made by Hotchkis. So was it a higher spring rate as many of us suspected?

hyvltge

PSI
Established Member
Roush made lowering kits? :-D JK

79ps.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread