I went 8's Saturday with a VMP Gen 3, 6 rib, upper only and a stock converter...

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I'll have to look and get back to you. I'm not very aggressive as I use a stock uca since I can't stand nvh.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Very awesome! I’m confused by your transmission wording. What do you mean by stock built trans?

Thanks!

It's the transmission that came in the car, but "built", which for a 6R80 means stronger clutches and a billet intermediate shaft.

I was wondering the same thing. I wouldn't call it a "stock" trans.

Very impressive though! Badass ride and great work!

Kiohtee

Established Member
A lot of 8-second Coyotes are no longer 6R80 cars. Don't get that twisted as me saying there are NO 8-second 6R cars, because there obviously is, I'm just helping shine light why OP made the mention he did. It's usually a Powerglide, TH, etc. car.

96dreamer

Established Member
What treatment does the blower pulley have on it to keep a 6 rib belt from slipping with that much power? Blows my mind the numbers the 6 rib belt cars are running with what appears to be minimal belt slip.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
What treatment does the blower pulley have on it to keep a 6 rib belt from slipping with that much power? Blows my mind the numbers the 6 rib belt cars are running with what appears to be minimal belt slip.
It's a blast treatment. Thanks for the compliment.

Users who are viewing this thread