i was reading some OOOLD threads

mebetter

Established Member
and i stumbled across one about a guy gettin a new motor from the dealer. well, anyway, i saw that svt gives loaner cars to svt owners that have their cars/trucks left at the dealer overnight, but only for 01 owners. now, does anyone know if they still offer that? And im new to having a new(er) vehicle. Is there any way that i can buy back a warranty? its got 48k miles on an 01 L...

and if i get 60 lb injectors, do i have to get new fuel pumps, fuel rail, and pressure regulator all at once, or can i just get the rest of the stuff one at a time??

and lastly, how do you know if you have clogged cats? will they normally throw a code? my L is still actin weird.... missing when it is under a load. runs decent, but not perfect, when just cruising but breaks up if i give it a little gas, but still makes boost...

thanks guys

txyaloo

Established Member
The loaner program is for any 99+ SVT whether the repair was in warranty or not. There was also no requirement that the car be left overnight. As far as buying back a warranty, are you talking about buying an ESP? If you plan on modding your truck, it'd make more sense to just put that money in the bank. If you purchased an ESP, you can cash in the unused value with Ford before the warranty expiration date.

mebetter

Established Member
yeah, i was just havin thoughts about the warranty.. if i was to get another one. i try to keep my truck as nice as i can and i barely get on it and drive it only 2 or so times a week which is weird cuz im almost 20, and i love power lol. i have an 87 stang that runs 13's which isnt that fast, but its mainly all stock and i used to drive it like there was no tomorrow.

but would anyone know what the bucking is??
i have changed the coils cuz i thought maybe a few were going out under a load, and that didnt do it, i have new plugs in it, 91 octane, and new fuel filter. idk what to think of now. im afraid to spend 400 to get it tuned and that not be the problem, and have to go back.

Users who are viewing this thread