I was in Arizona this weekend and drove the new Cobra OH BOY

COBRAJIM9999

Established Member
Thanks to SVT those in the SVTOA club had the opportunity to drive the o3 cobra back to back against a 02 c5 vette with a 6spd. Cobra in terms of accleration will eat it for breakfast. Tremendous midrange torque. If anyone in here has a 01 cobra and nows how hard the car accelerates in 1 and 2 but 3rd slows down a bunch better get used to a 03. Cobra speedo climbs through 100mph like a freight train. How **** batman this thing just sucked that vette's door off. However tthe exhaust needs to be tossed immeditately. It is the pre-fix 99 cobra exhaust. AKA one of the reason's the 99 didn't make 320hp. SVT guy told me lose the restrictive exhaust find 25hp no problem. Z06 guys better start shaking a new sheriff is coming to town and cobra is looking to get its fangs into some vette hides hehe.:burn:

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Glad to hear it Jim. The rumors are going to be true. A lot of people were comparing the 03 to the Z06. I read on another board where a post said it would be equal to an SS Z28 because the SS is putting 340 to the wheels and the weight difference to the 03 :rollseyes. Whatever floats his boat.

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
Originally posted by Yellow Horse
Glad to hear it Jim. The rumors are going to be true. A lot of people were comparing the 03 to the Z06. I read on another board where a post said it would be equal to an SS Z28 because the SS is putting 340 to the wheels and the weight difference to the 03 :rollseyes. Whatever floats his boat.

:lol: floating a ship of fools, SS that's funny. Your " :rollseyes " good statement!

Users who are viewing this thread