I was bored today

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
Sitting around bored today and was thinking I was tired of the cobra grill badge that I have since everyone and their mom has it. So I started thinking I'd go back to the stock running pony but I wanted it to be a little different. I wanted something subtle but different. So the idea popped into my head and I thought, "What about a black chrome look?". I've never seen it before on a New Edge so this is what I did:

Before
CIMG0691.jpg

After
CIMG0692.jpg

On the car
CIMG0693.jpg

CIMG0694.jpg

What do you think?

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Put Cobra back on. Swap out the shitty stock plastic foglights for 03-04 Cobra ones.

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Last edited:

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
I used a black-tinted clear coat to go over the standard chrome finish. Still waiting to see how durable the finish actually is.

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
I used a black-tinted clear coat to go over the standard chrome finish. Still waiting to see how durable the finish actually is.

I really like the way it turned out. Did you just clean the emblem and spray it with the black tinted clear coat? Where did you buy the black tinted clear and what brand was it?

Thanks.

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
I cleaned it with alcohol pretty well and let it dry before I sprayed it. I sprayed 3 coats of this stuff:
Lense Tinting Spray

And finished it off with a coat of high-gloss clear.

Users who are viewing this thread