I want to install Air Horns. has anyone done so?

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
I've so wanted to install one as well.
Do you have the Evap system still in the rear of your truck?
If not, that might be a good spot for the tank.

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
installed a 5gallon train horn on my buddies Silverado 2500

great for scaring people

But put it on there mainly when he's pulling his enclosed trailer with his 67 Camaro so he can warn other people or get their attention if they start to drift into his lane cause he can swerve with the trailer on

lightningonbags

Established Member
The air tank, and the horn for that matter, can be mounted between the frame rails in the rear. I have two 5 gal tanks and 2 comp mounted back there without any issues. I have a horn that I will be mounting to my truck but that is the last thing to go on. My horn will be run off the nitrogen so it will have a constant pressure at whatever I set it at........may be 170psi:pepper:!

z28Eater

Hemi's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
i want 1 also, whats the cheapest kit you can get? i dont wanna spend alot because ill prob never use it, just scare people at the movies and stuff lol

apentivolpi

AlexFreestyle
Established Member
The air tank, and the horn for that matter, can be mounted between the frame rails in the rear. I have two 5 gal tanks and 2 comp mounted back there without any issues. I have a horn that I will be mounting to my truck but that is the last thing to go on. My horn will be run off the nitrogen so it will have a constant pressure at whatever I set it at........may be 170psi:pepper:!

I have to see pic's when you set it up Please. lol

i want 1 also, whats the cheapest kit you can get? i dont wanna spend alot because ill prob never use it, just scare people at the movies and stuff lol

go on Ebay and type in train horn kit thay have some for like 300 but not sure what they sound like.

Users who are viewing this thread