I want to get 97Cobra tuned...Where do I start?

My_1st_Stang

Established Member
I was told that I can't get a hand held tuner for the 97Cobra. I've put on mid-pipe, exhaust, UPD's, CIA, and gears. I figure it's time to get her tuned and don't know where to start.

Should I go straight for a dyno tune or are there other steps that need to be taken?

crazycarlo

Established Member
well since you have a 97 you will have to go with SCT i beleive their the only ones that make a handheld for the 96-98. There are a few options you have. You can either find a very reputable tuner you like and give them a call and they can send you a tune through the e-mail. Or like you said you can go straight to the dyno and have the people there tune it. Even if you get a e-mailed tune they recommend you get it dyno'd to check and make sure everything is correct so personally id check with some ppl you know and check a few places out in your area and take it there. Oh and you have to make sure they use sct of course.

97/4.6w/fangs

NA FTW
Established Member
I recently purchased Sniper Special Forces and I've made 2 tunes so far. One basic one that it builds for you and I made another one where I upped the spark just a hair and leaned out the AF ratio.

I'll be upgrading soon though to the full comprehensive software so I can have full control just like someone that would be tuning on the dyno would have :)

Users who are viewing this thread