I want to convert from the NXT to the Poorboy's, please advise me on...

96BlackSnake

I Am The Chosen One
Established Member
What matches up to my NXT routine. It should be known that I do everything by hand. No PC for me.

1) I use the mothers claybar, if poorboy's offer's a better one, I'll buy it.

2) I use the "pure polish" next.

3) Followed by the NXT Tech Wax

4) Followed by the NXT "Booster Wax"

5) And last a coat of the NXT Spray detailer.

I'd like to keep my routine the same, I would just like to know what Poorboy products corrispond to the NXT line.

TIA :bowdown:

trance_in_miami

Established Member
Well what i can tell you is that many NXT Zealots have come inside & asked for something new. NXt usually gives about 3-4 weeks protection on your car. I have to be honest that Poorboy's is basically the Best you can get for your money. You might as well substitute all your stpes with poorboy's Products.

* clay Bar remonds me of the Micro Restore & pinnacle micro rejuvenator. They are the same thing with diffrent names. I have found that Clay Magic, mother, Optimum, Adams, Zaino all do the same thing nothing special from what i have tried.

Also you need to get a PC it makes life easier & worth every penny. Just read the threads & realize on how well Boutiqe Products work.

Juiced-03

Established Member
You have a silver car, so you can probably get away with doing the polishing by hand. Poorboys makes excellent products, but don't limit yourself to one company! There are many brands out there that will look excellent. Every product seems to have its own trait, in that it looks better on certain colors. That's why I keep many brands of products on hand. You could use all PB's products on your car, but I think a combination of products would be better. With that said, I am not a fan of the NXT line at all. But to answer your question, I'd say the following PB's products would match your current routine:

1) The Mother's clay is pretty good, but there are better. I see no reason to switch though. It's not so much the brand to be concerned about, but rather the grade (fine, medium, heavy).

2) Professional Polish

3) You could go with a sealant and/or a wax here. EX would probably be closest (since they both seem to darken the paint a little), Natty's Blue would be a nice wax.

4 & 5) Spray & Gloss

Last edited:

Juiced-03

Established Member
By the way, EX would probably not be the product of choice I would use on your silver. If it was my car, here is what I would do:

1) Clay

2) Hand polish with Klasse AIO (has light polishing ability, and cleans the paint for a perfect slate that is ready for sealant)

3) Seal with Four Star UPP, Poorboy's EX-P, Mother's Synwax, or Meguiar's #21

4) Wait 12 hours, and apply a top coat of wax. If using UPP as your sealant, use Four Star UPP Spray as a top coat, otherwise use Poorboy's Natty's, S100, Optimum Spray Wax, Pinnacle Signature, or even Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax.

5) Use Clearkote QuikShine or Adam's QD for added gloss and slickness (and after normal washing to restore slickness).

6) Use TOL Bubble Bath, P21S Soap, Adam's Car Wash, or QEW for normal washes.

trance_in_miami

Established Member
Bryan i have not used my UPP bottle yet but i have read that Natty's on top of UPP will add Depth other say that they rather leave it alone. whats your thought on it ? I ask becasue i love the look of carnauba and the reflection of a sealant.

Juiced-03

Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
Bryan i have not used my UPP bottle yet but i have read that Natty's on top of UPP will add Depth other say that they rather leave it alone. whats your thought on it ? I ask becasue i love the look of carnauba and the reflection of a sealant.

It's hard to answer that, really. I prefer to leave UPP by itself, but I know many people have topped it with Natty's and got good results! On my car, I prefer the look of UPP by itself, but other sealants I like to top. Once you put it on your car I think you will be able to judge for yourself if a carnauba is necessary. :thumbsup:

The one thing to be aware of with UPP is the slickness will drop after the first wash or two, but a quick QD job will restore it nicely! Durability has been excellent for me so far though. If you don't like it, I would probably buy it off you and/or trade you something else. I like it that much!

96BlackSnake

I Am The Chosen One
Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
By the way, EX would probably not be the product of choice I would use on your silver. If it was my car, here is what I would do:

1) Clay

2) Hand polish with Klasse AIO (has light polishing ability, and cleans the paint for a perfect slate that is ready for sealant)

3) Seal with Four Star UPP, Poorboy's EX-P, Mother's Synwax, or Meguiar's #21

4) Wait 12 hours, and apply a top coat of wax. If using UPP as your sealant, use Four Star UPP Spray as a top coat, otherwise use Poorboy's Natty's, S100, Optimum Spray Wax, Pinnacle Signature, or even Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax.

5) Use Clearkote QuikShine or Adam's QD for added gloss and slickness (and after normal washing to restore slickness).

6) Use TOL Bubble Bath, P21S Soap, Adam's Car Wash, or QEW for normal washes.

Do you really need to wait 12 hours before applying the top coat? What if you took your car out for the night would you need to re-wash it before putting that top coat on?

I decided to order the following
The Pure Polish
The EX-P
Natty's Blue
Clearkote QD

Hopefully I'll have it in a week or so and I'll post up what my thoughts are between this and the NXT :thumbsup:

Juiced-03

Established Member
That's going to be a very nice looking combo! I prefer the UPP combo on silver, but you will still be very happy with what you chose. To get the most durability you would need to wait 12 hours before putting the Natty's over the EX-P. The sealant needs time to cure. You can put the wax on immediately after the EX-P if necessary, but you should always allow the EX-P to sit on the paint for at least 30 minutes before removing. I can not guarantee the most durability if you apply the wax right after, but that may not be important to some people.

96BlackSnake

I Am The Chosen One
Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
That's going to be a very nice looking combo! I prefer the UPP combo on silver, but you will still be very happy with what you chose. To get the most durability you would need to wait 12 hours before putting the Natty's over the EX-P. The sealant needs time to cure. You can put the wax on immediately after the EX-P if necessary, but you should always allow the EX-P to sit on the paint for at least 30 minutes before removing. I can not guarantee the most durability if you apply the wax right after, but that may not be important to some people.

Haha, I'm use to doing the full NXT like once a month so I'm not worried bout durrability

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
96BlackSnake said:
Haha, I'm use to doing the full NXT like once a month so I'm not worried bout durrability
You will be very pleasantly surprised by the durability :rockon:

Juiced-03

Established Member
96BlackSnake said:

The products you selected are so easy to use that reapplication is very simple. You will be very happy with the products! Silver is a tough color to use for product comparisons though.

Scott P

Established Member
I actually would have gone with Polish with Carnauba instead of Pro Polish. It's a bit easier to use. Pro Polish is a nice product though and works great on glass and chrome too.

Juiced-03

Established Member
I'm not sure if blacksnake meant Pure Polish or Pro Polish. I've never heard of Pure Polish :??:

Scott P

Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
I'm not sure if blacksnake meant Pure Polish or Pro Polish. I've never heard of Pure Polish :??:

Well, Pro Polish is a pure polish. :)

I actually like it on metallic silver since it really does a nice job of polishing. It is also great on glass and metals too.

Users who are viewing this thread