I want to be a sniper! nasty.

1Day-ACobra

I'm workin on it
Established Member
GOATS?!?! lol those are not goats.

i was very serious about being a sniper when i was in high school. I'm patient, have awesome hand-eye coordination and very steady hands. For me just to camp out and target a potential hit would be satisfying. And then to hear a green light and shoot a gun out of someone's hand (maybe take the hand with it) or shoot to kill would be REALLY satisfying. In some situations you essentially have the power to end a threat and even save people.

Being a sniper is seeeerious business though. Imagine striking a hostage or other non-intended person. You'd have to be ready for that every time you were sent out but of course that's part of the challenge of being a sniper and being truly professional at marksmanship. Big props to all those guys!

wvmystichrome

Established Member
King$nake said:
Alot of Snipers are kind of screwed up in the head from all the morbid things they take in. And the targets in the video are actually small game. =)

The description on the video said it was Iraqi insurgents he was shooting at.

A lady I work with, her daughter is going thru sniper training. She has always been a take no crap kinda girl. I would hate to put a gun in her hands like that. She is leaving for Iraq in June.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
broke7 said:
barret 50 cal
I didn't think it was a Barrett. Seemed light on the recoil and the muzzle blast kicks up a big mess.
Ron Barrett is a nice SOB!

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
wvmystichrome said:
The description on the video said it was Iraqi insurgents he was shooting at.

A lady I work with, her daughter is going thru sniper training. She has always been a take no crap kinda girl. I would hate to put a gun in her hands like that. She is leaving for Iraq in June.
Wow, she is? What unit is she in? Normally snipers are direct combat roles and females were restricted to attendence to those skills. Sure she isn't getting marksmanship training and qualified as a sharpshooter?

Last edited by a moderator:

ls1eater

Established Member
Win7ermute said:
No way in hell a .223 is creating that much damage, even on small game
It sure is seen these videos and seen what these guns can do in person take in mind that these are guns with unusually long barrels for more velocity and sistance or for long distance competition and also remind yourself those animals are about a foot or a foot and a half tall so not very big......oh and a 22/250 is a smaller bullet than a 223 but yet your doubting the 223 ????? small bullet with loads of force blows big holes in shit.....just imagine a 22/250 is a .22 bullet in basically a .308 shell......

afro

Why?
Established Member
tweak said:
thats actually video of varmint hunting. My friend has the dvd. they use that video as a teaser on the web site you can buy the videos on.

true! :thumbsup:

Don't know how many times people have posted this video thinking it was of people.

Don't live in ignorance:

NOT PEOPLE, NOT GOATS!! VARMINTS(see:rabbits and prarie dogs)..LOOK! :read: :read: :read:

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

http://rmvh.com/Scenes.htm

watch Rock Chucks . Same video..unedited.

-fro

Last edited:

silvrbullet03

Established Member
1Day-ACobra said:
GOATS?!?! lol those are not goats.

i was very serious about being a sniper when i was in high school. I'm patient, have awesome hand-eye coordination and very steady hands.

Well before you start bragin how serious you are, how bout go enlist....then they will tell you how serious you are about being a sniper...after you finish infantry training....

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
SVT4ME said:
Punish the guilty, never forget 9-11

Because those prairie dogs had ties to Osama and were hiding weapons of mass destruction.

22/250 is an awesome gun.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
DaleM said:
Wow, she is? What unit is she in? Normally snipers are direct combat roles and females were restricted to attendence to those skills. Sure she isn't getting marksmanship training and qualified as a sharpshooter?

She has told her parents that it is sniper training. I do not know for sure but that is what she said. Her mother is really torn to pieces about it because the Bible says "Thou shall not Kill." She thinks it will send her daughter to hel. You would have to know this girl and her attitude. She would rather take a man on and kick his butt than anything. Girl is built like a tank. Not fat but HARD. She won the local Tough man competition two years in a row. All I know is she is based at Fort Leonard Wood. If I find out more I'll let you know.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
wvmystichrome said:
She has told her parents that it is sniper training. I do not know for sure but that is what she said. Her mother is really torn to pieces about it because the Bible says "Thou shall not Kill." She thinks it will send her daughter to hel. You would have to know this girl and her attitude. She would rather take a man on and kick his butt than anything. Girl is built like a tank. Not fat but HARD. She won the local Tough man competition two years in a row. All I know is she is based at Fort Leonard Wood. If I find out more I'll let you know.
I think she may be lying but i hope I am wrong.
I always thought the bible actually translated into thou shalt not murder based on the hebrew word that Christians re-transalted to kill:
"Indeed, "kill" in English is an all-encompassing verb that covers the taking of life in all forms and for all classes of victims. That kind of generalization is expressed in Hebrew through the verb "harag." However, the verb that appears in the Torah's prohibition is a completely different one, " ratsah" which, it would seem, should be rendered "murder." This root refers only to criminal acts of killing."

Sniperfox

Kopfjaeger
Established Member
King$nake said:
Alot of Snipers are kind of screwed up in the head from all the morbid things they take in. And the targets in the video are actually small game. =)
I'm not screwed up. I listen to all of the voices that I hear in my head and I DECIDE which one gives the best advice! :poke:

Sniperfox

Kopfjaeger
Established Member
wvmystichrome said:
I have never heard of any sniper training conducted at Ft. Leonard Wood. I think she is confusing BRM(basic rifle marksmanship) with Sniper School. Big Difference, but a mother doesn't know that.

AF EOD

Established Member
If it was a .50 cal sniper rifle I'd assume its the Mk82A2 from Barrett. Or since its so old it could still be an A1 but that is the only military .50 cal sniper rifle I'm aware of. I actually use it in my job also.

Users who are viewing this thread