I want more power but need advice...

Fishdizzle

@DigitalExplor
Established Member
I want more power!!! LOL right now I have a 6# lower, mac catback, k&n intake....
I don't want to build the engine just yet and I don't want to change out the s/c and I wanna keep it safe...

I'm going to be getting my catless longtubes installed later this month along with some cooling mods buy what other things can I do to give me alil more power or alot more if theres ways :)

Also if anyone can show me where I ca. Find weight reduction info or post some for me that would be great

ecoastkid

Established Member
before you go any further....you need a tune. Otherwise bye by motor...Also make sure you get either a maf extender or new maf.

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
if you nickel and dime in the beginning you will spend more in the end

long tubes wont add any power and you wont utilize them until you start pushing more air through the motor, with an after market supercharger

Get a Whipple or Kenne Bell and you will be much happier in the end

Charlie41

SiFi junky
Established Member
You don't have to build the engine. Just keep the boost down and don't get too aggressive with the timing.

Charlie

castellscl

Established Member
You wouldn't happen to be in 29 palms would you? Anyways, I'd get traction bars before you get anything else. No matter what other mods you do to the truck from this point on, you're gonna need to the some bars.

I'm holding off on a whipple until I get enough $$ to go built. I don't want to have to worry about it.

I have almost the same mods as you, and the bars are my next purchase.... once I get the Card paid off.

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
LOL I love it when guys are worried about their blocks when adding a aftermarket supercharger

I personally have friends who have been running kenne bells for YEARS on stock blocks with no problems I have posted about my friend Mark who runs mid 11's in the 1/4 with a Kenne Bell and has done so for years now

ITS NOT THE BLOWER ITS THE TUNE that causes the motor to pop

I had a 4# lower pulley, airaid intake, flowmaster exhaust and a single flash chip in my 2002 Lightning and blew the motor , it was too much timing and too lean for cooler weather

FordFanStan

Established Member
We have several customers in the 450-500hp range with a KB or Whip on the stock block and daily drive them and race them too. Some tuned by us some tuned by others. Come down and see us. We can set you up with whatever you want; traction, suspension, blowers, tunes, etc... Stan

FordFanStan

Established Member
Can do. :D ...

Seriously though, give us a call and we can recommend the proper parts if any for what your wanting. Your nearing a fine line on the stocker, so you need to take careful consideration in what you do with your truck... Stan

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
We have several customers in the 450-500hp range with a KB or Whip on the stock block and daily drive them and race them too. Some tuned by us some tuned by others. Come down and see us. We can set you up with whatever you want; traction, suspension, blowers, tunes, etc... Stan

DMP is an awesome company. If i lived in Cali it use you guys for an install...no problem. sadly im not so close ha ha :)

Fishdizzle call Stan and see what he can do for ya.

Users who are viewing this thread