I want boost! Help me figure out which way to get it

deepimpact14

Established Member
I have a 2014 track pack with mt-82, I intend to keep the engine stock, I would like to keep drivability. So what kits and why please!!! Thank you

96chargedcobra

Established Member
It depends on what your goals are. Roots are awesome but tend to be harder on the crank. Being that you have 3.73s I wouldn't recommend a roots unless you plan on changing them. I personally have a single turbo and LOVE it. The 3.73s keep it in its power band perfectly though it does roast the tires. I don't have a lot of experience with centris but at this altitude most people are switching from centris to turbo systems solely based the efficency of turbos up here.
These are my personal opinions
I'd personally do a roots, twin screw or turbo

Last edited:

Vert

Established Member
Since you are in a cold climate I would go with a PD over a centrifugal . Of course that depends if you drive it in the winter.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
We offer most of the FI kits, vmp, roush, Paxton, vortech, procharger, motiva, EDP and also on3. Let me know if you need some pricing on a kit.

SCalla1384

Established Member
CPR for sure. Dustins good people, makes a beautiful turbo kit. Can run a sway bar with it.

Don't really understand the go PD blower over centri since you live on a cold climate statement?

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
I have a 2014 track pack with mt-82, I intend to keep the engine stock, I would like to keep drivability. So what kits and why please!!! Thank you

#1, VMP TVS. Easy install with a few buddies. No frills, bulletproof fun. Excellent support... or Beefcake Paxton special .....
#2, CPR or JPC single turbo. A tad harder install, but not bad. Frills, and will give you scary dreams at night. Good support.
#3, Hellion twin turbo. Kinda the same as #2, but a tad harder install, Frills, scary dreams, etc. Good support.
#4,..... keep away from everything but the 3 options above........ Because it's just my opinion.
#5, The 3 options above are VERY high quality... regardless of the gossip you read on this board.
#6, Welcome to BOOST! Have fun. :pop:

A simple search will also provide you with contact info to VMP, "Dustin @ CPR", JPC, Hellion, Beefcake Racing also sells the "TVS" kits, along with the other blowers, ON3 turbo, EDP turbo kits, etc. But, read #4 above.

Last edited:

deepimpact14

Established Member
#1, VMP TVS. Easy install with a few buddies. No frills, bulletproof fun. Excellent support... or Beefcake Paxton special .....
#2, CPR or JPC single turbo. A tad harder install, but not bad. Frills, and will give you scary dreams at night. Good support.
#3, Hellion twin turbo. Kinda the same as #2, but a tad harder install, Frills, scary dreams, etc. Good support.
#4,..... keep away from everything but the 3 options above........ Because it's just my opinion.
#5, The 3 options above are VERY high quality... regardless of the gossip you read on this board.
#6, Welcome to BOOST! Have fun. :pop:

A simple search will also provide you with contact info to VMP, "Dustin @ CPR", JPC, Hellion, Beefcake Racing also sells the "TVS" kits, along with the other blowers, ON3 turbo, EDP turbo kits, etc. But, read #4 above.

Haha that was a great response!

Users who are viewing this thread