i wanna put together a Nitrous kit ...

Fishdizzle

@DigitalExplor
Established Member
what all is needed :)
what im getting down to is what is a good kit to buy ... what are all the small things needed ... im gunna be doing a 50 - 75 shot :beer:

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
Hell I got a n20 kit I need to get rid of NX components but edlebrok tank

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
NX EFI kit for Ford.
Works for me. I love it
I have it on mine. I have a 75 shot on it right now.
I put down 485/611 on a mustang dyno.
I have about the same mods as you. I do have a stage 3 ported eaton. So its a little different.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
so your guessing i should have around the same power as yourself tazman?

Supercharged vehicles always gain more HP than advertised by the jet-chart. It's because not only does the supercharged engine gain the combustion benefits of nitrous, it also benefits from the cooling properties of nitrous. I just finished installing a NX kit and a bunch of other NX goodies on my L. Check out the threads below and email me if you would like more information or any part numbers. I also have a very good wiring diagram for my entire set-up that a friend of mine was good enough to make.

[email protected]

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408538

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=412986

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=416206

ecoastkid

Established Member
Supercharged vehicles always gain more HP than advertised by the jet-chart. It's because not only does the supercharged engine gain the combustion benefits of nitrous, it also benefits from the cooling properties of nitrous.

While this is usually true, alot depends on where you inject the n20. Mine in plumbed into the plenum above the intercooler. The intercooler actually negates much of the cooling effect and ends up heating the charge back up some. With my 125 shot, I netted about a 20 degree drop when measured by the IAT2 sensor. My hp only increased 74 hp from 390 to 463 (on JLP's Dyno). He actually told me that is what would happen before we spun it up.

My torque on the other hand went from 489 to 654...:rockon:...So careful if you have a stock bottom end.

My thoughts on the type of N20 system...

If your just want a set it and forget it 75-125 system...got with a zex...three wire hook up. Done.

If you want progressive controlers and what not...you need a more complex system and should avoid the zex all-in-one setups.

When I move to a more complex setup next year, I'll have to ditch the ZEX system.

Last edited:

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
While this is usually true, alot depends on where you inject the n20. Mine in plumbed into the plenum above the intercooler. The intercooler actually negates much of the cooling effect and ends up heating the charge back up some. With my 125 shot, I netted about a 20 degree drop when measured by the IAT2 sensor. My hp only increased 74 hp from 390 to 463 (on JLP's Dyno). He actually told me that is what would happen before we spun it up.

My torque on the other hand went from 489 to 654...:rockon:...So careful if you have a stock bottom end.

My thoughts on the type of N20 system...

If your just want a set it and forget it 75-125 system...got with a zex...three wire hook up. Done.

If you want progressive controlers and what not...you need a more complex system and should avoid the zex all-in-one setups.

When I move to a more complex setup next year, I'll have to ditch the ZEX system.

Something is wrong if you only netted 74 HP from a 125 shot...:shrug: Of course I have heard that the ZEX kits run extra rich for safety reasons.

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member

ecoastkid

Established Member
Something is wrong if you only netted 74 HP from a 125 shot...:shrug: Of course I have heard that the ZEX kits run extra rich for safety reasons.

Before we even ran it, Johnny told me I would only see about 75 horse due to my placement. :shrug: I picked that one because I didnt want to exceed 475 on the stock short block....I never considered what the torque numbers would come out to be...lol

I ended up detuning it by putting the 75 shot back in. I didnt have the money at the time to be putting an engine in...

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
www.racetested.com

Shooting upstream of the blower won't drop inlet temps until you reach the 100hp level. And at that I've only measured 15-20F drops.

This "temp issue" is one of the two reasons I helped RT design this kit linked below. The other is cylinder to cylinder distribution.
http://www.racetested.com/product_info.php?products_id=140

But hey.. what do I know? :D
Rich

Last edited:

ecoastkid

Established Member

joshua5438

Here...Hemi...Hemi !!!
Established Member
Most people say 450 - 500....It doesnt matter how you get the HP...

I have asked this question before.. Is those HP numbers for a mustang or dynojet?? I am at 437 on a mustang dyno.... That is close to 500hp on a dynojet... Maybe someone can answer it this time around.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
www.racetested.com

Shooting upstream of the blower won't drop inlet temps until you reach the 100hp level. And at that I've only measured 15-20F drops.

This "temp issue" is one of the two reasons I helped RT design this kit linked below. The other is cylinder to cylinder distribution.
http://www.racetested.com/product_info.php?products_id=140

But hey.. what do I know? :D
Rich

Wow! They dropped the price since the last time I looked at RT's site. Didn't it use to be up above $1K? Is it because noone was buying them? For $650 I may have to pick one up before they're gone.

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
I'm not too sure why Denny lowered the price. I'm pretty sure it would contain less content though.

No my truck is still apart. :sleeping:

Rich

00blackbolt

Established Member
I think you are looking at just the lower conversion price. You add 600 if you don't already have a nitrous kit.
Could you run a bigger shot with the direct port on a stock block?

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
I'm not too sure why Denny lowered the price. I'm pretty sure it would contain less content though.

No my truck is still apart. :sleeping:

Rich

Does the $650 kit come with the plumbing already installed on a new lower intake? Or would I just get the plumbing and have to install it all on my lower intake? Also, would the base kit work with a NX kit?

Users who are viewing this thread