I visited the Ferrari factory

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I'll get more pictures up later, but here's my favorite moment. So I had just toured the Ferrari Museum and spend time drooling over my all time favorite Ferrari, the F40. They have a LM edition on hand.

n93u1I3l.jpg

I had about 30 minutes of free time. I decided to walk a block or so over to the famous Ferrari factory entrance.

FEpyJiql.jpg

I'm there taking that picture, when I hear a Ferrari to my left. Yeah, a common sound in this neighborhood, but it still caught my ears. I look down the road and in the distance I see red. Then I see the opening in the hood. "No way!" Then another appears from behind it. I quickly turned to video mode, and this is what happened:

[video=youtube;LQIURjQceyc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQIURjQceyc&hd=1[/video]

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Man gotta love the f40, you saw 3 in the wild thats awesome.

Only a few cars are timeless, the F40 is definitely one of them. Thanks for sharing op!

mvk13

oooohhhhh Shiny!
Established Member
What is it about the F 40 that seems to capture even the most die-hard American Muscle fan? If I had to own an exotic that would definitely be it! Thanks for sharing bud!

oldmodman

Established Member
I would love to take that tour someday.

And you have to ask yourself. How many factories have a crowd outside the main gate, all day, every day?

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Did they tell you what you could take pictures of? How to walk? What to wear? Ferrari apparently likes telling owners of their cars what they can and can't do with them. (Deadmau5)

SHOdown220

Established Member
I stopped in a local exotic dealer a few years ago and inside they had an f40, f50 and Enzo all parked beside each other. Don't think I'll ever see that again in my life

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
What is it about the F 40 that seems to capture even the most die-hard American Muscle fan? If I had to own an exotic that would definitely be it! Thanks for sharing bud!
I think its the boxy rear, minus the wing but the wing compliments the entire car. That V8 howl too, can never go wrong with the F40, just needs more efficient turbos because of that lag. It would be sick if ferrari resold the F40 with newer running gear and an optional 6 speed.

I would probably take an F40 over a Ford GT (or GT40).

sonicblew

Established Member
what a cool place! i went there a few years ago. i will go back eventually. i have family in several parts of Italy.

I wasn't lucky enough to see a slew of f40's trotting down the street though.

Zemedici

Established Member
Did they tell you what you could take pictures of? How to walk? What to wear? Ferrari apparently likes telling owners of their cars what they can and can't do with them. (Deadmau5)

Yes but Deadmau5 is also a raging douchebag.

Nice pics/video OP. I bet that trip was a blast.

Bandit5.4

Slow driver
Established Member
F40s are cool but I just never drooled over them like other people do. I was always a Lamborghini Diablo guy.

Kevins89notch

Established Member

On the bus tour of the factory grounds, it was strictly no photos. So even a photo of some workers walking like this would be a big no no. :)

Zlderl0l.jpg

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Awesome. Jealous = me for sure.

Seeing the F40s on the street like that is amazing, congrats.

Users who are viewing this thread