I told you it gets better!

racerage7

Established Member
Went to HRP Friday night looking for a lower ET, it came in at 12.42 @ 112.24MPH with a 1.89 60 ft on stock radials with 26 PSI. Anyone else getting better ET's with a bone stock Cobra, and I mean stock!

Joe Lynch

Established Member
racerage7--Dang, that's only about 1.3 seconds faster than I could do with my 99 stock 'vert at that altitude, LOL. I'd say that is pretty darn good. Congrats.

Joe Lynch

racerage7

Established Member
Thanks Joe I appreciate the nice comment with no skeptiscism. So for with no other mods and just some better driving I have managed to get a string of 12.30s with the best being a 12.34 at 113mph. Im trying to see just how close to 12.00s I can get without doing anything else to the car. I hope with just some more break in miles it will get better. I did the 12.34 with just 900 miles on the car. Ill keep everyone posted.

1 BA SVT

your momma likes it
Established Member
1.89 60ft on stock radials is damn impressive. I can't get anything below a 2.2 even on drag radials. Nice job. Hope your times keep getting better.

racerage7

Established Member
Thanks man. I love my fords,but I have done work on LS1s and am equally impressed with the motors and performance gains. I have a good friend with a 99 TA that I put heads,cam,Z06 intake,converter,and long tubes on for him and it rolls! 11.60s on motor and ETs. 10.70s with a 125 shot. And it passes Houston,TX. emissions!

Sax1031

Established Member
I wish I could get good 60fts on street tires. I have 275/60/r15 BFG Radial T/As and the best 60fts I get are in the 2.2 range.

Those are some awesome times man.

Redsnk95

Established Member
I dont know if you know but Houston Raceway Park is one of the the fastest NHRA tracks on the circuit. The track is around 14ft above sea level. Some times when the air is real good the corrected sea level is actually in the negative. It looks like your car based on the numbers is right on with what mine ran the very first time that I took it to the track. If you could get your 60ft times on that same run down to some1.8s you would be in the 12.70 range. I have since then bettered my time to a12.34 at 113, still stock completely other than the air cleaner removed. I contrubute this to break in miles and different driving stlyes. Plus a lot of passes. I have over 50 passes on the car and have had it just over 2 months. It just now has 1800 miles on it. All I can say is just go out there as much as you can and try different things. As for 60ft times you have to ride that clutch out and go out there with a full tank of gas. Thats weight over the back wheels and it works! When I ran the car with a half of tank of gas and lower,it went from 1.8s to 1.9s. You will over come the extra weight of the gas with a better 60ft and a sweet looking new lower ET. Good luck and let me know if this helps.

racerage7

Established Member
I dont know if you know but Houston Raceway Park is one of the the fastest NHRA tracks on the circuit. The track is around 14ft above sea level. Some times when the air is real good the corrected sea level is actually in the negative. It looks like your car based on the numbers is right on with what mine ran the very first time that I took it to the track. If you could get your 60ft times on that same run down to some1.8s you would be in the 12.70 range. I have since then bettered my time to a12.34 at 113, still stock completely other than the air cleaner removed. I contrubute this to break in miles and different driving stlyes. Plus a lot of passes. I have over 50 passes on the car and have had it just over 2 months. It just now has 1800 miles on it. All I can say is just go out there as much as you can and try different things. As for 60ft times you have to ride that clutch out and go out there with a full tank of gas. Thats weight over the back wheels and it works! When I ran the car with a half of tank of gas and lower,it went from 1.8s to 1.9s. You will over come the extra weight of the gas with a better 60ft and a sweet looking new lower ET. Good luck and let me know if this helps.

Sorry about that! That was not redsnks reply. I did not log on as racerage7?

NastyWS6

Established Member
Originally posted by racerage7
Thanks man. I love my fords,but I have done work on LS1s and am equally impressed with the motors and performance gains. I have a good friend with a 99 TA that I put heads,cam,Z06 intake,converter,and long tubes on for him and it rolls! 11.60s on motor and ETs. 10.70s with a 125 shot. And it passes Houston,TX. emissions!

I was hoping to make it there before my car got sold but that won't happen now. you going to go the race outside of San Antonio the beginning on March ?

Users who are viewing this thread