I think I want new wheels...

jtfx6552

Established Member
Generally,I don't bother with aftermarket wheels, I usually choose to spend on go fast parts.

I like the look of the PP wheels, but damn they suck to clean. Looking for something that looks great, but isn't to complex so I can wipe 'em down quick.

I always wanted a car with ronal R9s, or the look alike American racing version that used to be on Saleens, so I started looking. I found a bunch of 5 spokes I like. I also always liked the 7 spoke wheels Ford of Europe used to use, so I found some of those too.

Anyway, the versions I like best so far are from the same company, Vossen.

The have a few pictures on their site, but don't mention the tires sizes.

Heres the 5 spoke on a 12 GT500, 20 x9 and 20 x 10.5

l_Ford_Mustang_VVSCV3_5ce.jpg

Whole gallery here:
Ford Mustang on VVSCV3 Wheels

The 7 spoke they have on a Boss:
l_Ford_Mustang_VVSCV7_f64.jpg

Gallery here:
Ford Mustang on VVSCV7 Wheels

They do have both wheels in a 19, not sure if it has the correct offset for the front?

Looking at Tires, a quick search I haven't been able to find exactly what sizes I would want in a tire that I would want.

What have you guys seen or tried?

MNCobra

Established Member
looking all the pictures i like the 7 spokes better but i also noticed the cars are lowered which always makes the rims look good...is your car lowered or do you plan on lowering it? from everything that i have read my OEM tires are gone the day i get my car...

jtfx6552

Established Member
looking all the pictures i like the 7 spokes better but i also noticed the cars are lowered which always makes the rims look good...is your car lowered or do you plan on lowering it? from everything that i have read my OEM tires are gone the day i get my car...

Yeah, I'm leaning 7 spoke. I think I like that they look like an OEM wheel. I wasn't planning to lower, and you bring up a good point. I wonder how much those cars are lowered?

jtfx6552

Established Member
Damn, I love those wheels, but more research reveals they are a "low pressure" casting. Not sure I need to worry about that as I think some high end cars use that process including some Porches.

I guess a low pressure cast needs more material and weight to be as strong as a forging. Still I have enough doubt that I think I'm gonna hold off for now. I wish someone had this exact look of the posted 7 spoke in a forging (hint hint)

Users who are viewing this thread