I think I undervalued my stang...

mikev08826

Established Member
I posted it on craigslist friday at about 5:00 p.m. and by 8 o'clock I had two e-mails saying, "I would like to come see your car a.s.a.p. I have cash." I posted it for $7,200. 77,000 miles. No door dings, a minor check mark crack in the rear bumper which can kind of be seen from the pics. Black top too...

What would you guys pay for this car if you were in the market? Also the weather is on my side. 50* in chicago this weekend and people want a vert...

By nature I'm a 2V guy so I don't really know what these go for, but I bought this for 5 g's and threw a new tranny in there and it drives like a dream now. (Tough to pass up a 4v for 5 g's:beer: )

I would consider it in between fair and good on a kbb.com basis...

Picture016.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture012-1.jpg

mikev08826

Established Member
1996_Snake said:
i would say 7g's is more than fair for a vert.

That's my concern. The KBB trade in value was my asking price... (by accident)

I'm the seller and of course I want the most I can get for it with a reasonably quick sale.

mikev08826

Established Member
jtkz13 said:
Bump the price up to $9k, then go from there. I tjhink $7k is a lil low if its in good shape.

I'm not sure if it's in good shape or not. Mechanically it's fine, but as you know, black is a bitch. It's got what I would call "minor"imperfections in the paint. Do all black sn95 4V's have these? I'm sure the ones going for $15,000 don't...but around my price range?

mikev08826

Established Member
TTT

I'm not a regular here... I'm more of a 2V w/ boost kind of guy. I've gotten some feedback from the local 4V guys, but would like more of the 4v'ers input.

usa97svtcobra

1997 svt cobra
Established Member
Before you sell that thing you need to detail it. The way it sits now, it looks like a $8-9,000 car. The tailpipes were the first thing that caught my eye. Spend a few hundred buck to clean that car and you could ask $10,500-$11,000.00

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
craigslist is full of strokers (people that act interested when theyre really not)

i put my truck on craigslist and had about 15 emails in the first 3 days but no one even came to look at it

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
What is my bone stock 1 owner 36K laser red on tan leather/top 96 4V worth. It even has the original battery but it is done after this season for good. Solid 9.5-9.8 car. No mods ever. You can fip the car upside down and eat a meal off the bottom. 100% garage queen.

usa97svtcobra

1997 svt cobra
Established Member
I don't think a 36k mile car could ever be a 9.5-9.8 on 10. Maybe an 8.5 at most. I collect low mile cars and I have a 97 with 4,800 miles and I would give the car a 95-99 on 100 and this car has never seen rain etc.... All that being said I would think you could ask $12-14k and expect to get $11-12k??

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I bought mine from Matt (5.0snake) on these forums for $7k. '94, 69k miles. Exhaust, headers, gears, CAI, some other stuff. And the paint was re-done in '04. I think it was a really good deal and especially a good purchase because Matt introduced me to the MACA. Not really sure how much to ask for your car, but considering it's hard to find SN95's with low milage I'm sure you can ask for more than you did.

97snake

Attorney at Law
Established Member
Polish it up ...get some swirl remover and get some cleaner for those tail pipes. You should be asking for $9,000-$9,500...as long as the engine and trans, clutch, interior are good.

People who really know these cars know that about 70K- 80K miles you have to start thinking about: cleaning the IMRC's possible issues with the IMRC controler, the balljoints, the rotors...and a few other parts. However, don't let someone try to lowball you simply becasue something might be an issue just down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread