I think I might have a fuel delivery issue

halflife

Established Member
I think I might have a fuel issue. when I shift the car falls for a second. I thought it was just me not knowing the clutch but I watched the fuel pressure gauge. it stays a little over 20 at idle and climbs from there. under semi hard acceleration when I shift sometimes the gauge dropped to 10 for a split second and then back up. this is the first time I realized that and obviously I am going to address this before I get on it or get it on the dyno. I believe it has 60lb injectors and ford gt pumps. going to confirm that now.

halflife

Established Member
does it move up and down a little at idle. mines goes up and down like 2 psi when the car is just sitting. maybe one of my pumps is out
i have autometer C2 guage

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
does it move up and down a little at idle. mines goes up and down like 2 psi when the car is just sitting. maybe one of my pumps is out
i have autometer C2 guage

From my dataloggin it will go up and down just sitting there 1-2psi. Remember these cars are returnless not return style like the trucks. So the computer is relying on the FRPS to tell it how much fuel pump to send. Does the car have the tank mod done to it? Theres a mod that poeple have to do on some cars when it hessitates between shifts.

I think its just your lightning pissed you arent driving it.:beer: I think my truck stays broke now because its jelous of the car:dw:

halflife

Established Member
i am waiting for the prior owner to the guy i bought it from to call me today to go over all the mods. I just got the car Saturday.
FYI that pic is old. I now have a sonic blue lightning
CSC_0148.jpg

DSC01777.jpg

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
sounds good bud...... you come on Lightningrodder much anymore? Yeah make sure and ask if he did the PPRV delete i think thats the technical term for it.

03cobra283

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Established Member
Yea sounds like the PPRV needs to be deleted. It will dump fuel back to your tank between shifts, then you have to wait for the pumps to re-prime the lines again.

halflife

Established Member
i just spoke with the prior owner to the one i bought it off. the guy i bought it off thought it had ford gt pumps so i assumed the pprv would have been deleted. it does not, it has stock pumps with a bap so i have to do the pprv delete. i am going to order the kit now.

halflife

Established Member
sounds good bud...... you come on Lightningrodder much anymore? Yeah make sure and ask if he did the PPRV delete i think thats the technical term for it.

haha did not look at your screen name when i responded!
yeah i am lurking just not posting much as i am swamped at work and have not done anything to the lightnign, just sits in the garage.

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
lethal has a nice kit for the delete. My car didnt need one for some reason, guess i got lucky. My Lightning just sits most of the time and has sat for the last 3 months with a broke trans.

What alls done to your cobra?

halflife

Established Member
Mods:
engine:
Whipple, 17 psi
BF idler pullies
JLT carbon fiber intake
Intercooler tank and manuel pump, pc'd black
afco h/e with fans, on switch in car
Optima red top
SLP off road x pipe(think this is the brand)
SLP loud mouths
Think it has revised heads, running oasis to see if ford did it
60lb injectors
bap
MGW short throw shifter (think that is the brand)
Findaza(name?) clutch and aluminum fly wheel
Suspension:
HR race springs in front
Stock rear springs cut 1/2 coil (tires rubbed with HR springs)
MM castor chamber plates
bilsteins
BF irs brace
Welded Subframe connectors
18 in FRR500 rims with BFG's, 315 BFG dr's in rear
Extra:
mach 1 stereo
K40 radar hidden front and rear bumpers

Users who are viewing this thread