I think I lost my low end

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
I had a couple things done last Sturday....gauges, belt and tensioner pulley, and a billet DSI clip from C-F-M. Has anyone installed this DSI clip before???, only took about 5 minutes to do and we checked and all seemed to be fine... revved to 6K and the intake opend up like it was supposed to, no problems. I leave the shop and go to get on it and it feels like all my low end is gone, very sluggish. Another thing was when we removed the airbox we lost the little fitting that connects the hose from the main intake to the box, we did not realize at the time there was a fitting and when we tried to just connect the end of the hose in there it just popped off so we left it off because we were not sure it was supposed to be connected. I am wondering if that may be causing a problem, like a vaccum leak or something....what do you all think.:??: Edit: I spoke to a local Ford dealership and they had one in stock and I went over and picked it up and put it on...seems like that was probably the problem...feels stronger now....we shall see. Weird thing was I told the guy in the parts department what had happened and he said without that hooked up my idle should have been bad....idle was fine. I don't know.

Last edited:

jasonpalamar

Established Member
a leak in the intake will cause that exact problem. you should be good to go now. if your power doesn't come back fully, just disco the battery for 20 minutes, it will reset your ecu again.

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
a leak in the intake will cause that exact problem. you should be good to go now. if your power doesn't come back fully, just disco the battery for 20 minutes, it will reset your ecu again.

It seems to be better now....when it stops raining I will go out and disconnect the battery just to be sure....almost seemed the more I drove yesterday it was trying to adjust on the fly. Thanx for the heads up.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread