I think i hooked it up wrong..HELP

99RedSVT

Established Member
I was trying to hook up my air/fuel gauge.And i think i hooked it up wrong. I hooked the air/fuel gauge wire into the black wire on the O2 sensor.Well i couldnt get to the front one so i decided to use the back one and now its not reading anything.Did i hook it up wrong..HELP thanks

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
to get the gauge to work correctly, i would recommend just getting a 1-wire o2 sensor from the parts store, weld in a bung in the exhaust and be done with it.

-Homer

camcojb

Established Member
Either will read, but it's preferred to be reading from before the exhaust even hits the cats. The forward one is better, and better yet do your own dedicated O2 before the cats.

Jody

99RedSVT

Established Member
Does anyone know were i can get a replacement O2 sensor then.Since i prolly forked the back one up.. Also with my predator tuen it doesnt shut those O2 sensors off does it??

99RedSVT

Established Member
I beleive u can only use the front ones to get a reading for the air/fuel gauge. I think the backs dont give out reading.SHIZZZZZZZz i screwed that one up lol. Anyone know what wire u tap into its the black one right??

Davesvt00

Established Member
Black wire is the right wire to hook up to but you need to piggy back off of your forward o2 sensor. Your back one will not give an accuate reading. Even if it does give a reading it will take a while to get one and it won't be consistent

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
on the mustang, you could hook it up through the ecu, can you do the same on the L. i'm thinking it was a purple wire with a gray stripe. i can't remember, but there is a link to it over at the corral, just do a search.
later
chiz

ITHAULS

GIT'R DUN
Established Member
Originally posted by 99RedSVT
Does anyone know were i can get a replacement O2 sensor then.Since i prolly forked the back one up..

Any auto parts store worth their salt should have 02's for your truck.

Users who are viewing this thread