I think I am losing boost?

gotboost03

gotboost?
Established Member
I am not sure but I think I am starting lose boost. When I punch it my guage will jump up between 10-15 pounds but drops back down fast. Not sure if this is normal. Should it hold boost during acceleration? When sitting still and reving the car should the boost guage move at all? How do you know if your blower is going bad? Any help would be appreciated.

Digital

Established Member
I am not sure but I think I am starting lose boost. When I punch it my guage will jump up between 10-15 pounds but drops back down fast. Not sure if this is normal. Should it hold boost during acceleration? When sitting still and reving the car should the boost guage move at all? How do you know if your blower is going bad? Any help would be appreciated.

Blowers dont usually "go bad".
I know nothing about your setup as you mentioned nothing but I'm just going to asume you have a eaton with basic bolt ons.
When you mash it in lets say 3rd with good tires you peg your psi almost instantly and it should hold within a psi or so of that till redline or till you let off.

If it's losing boost (3-4+ psi) then you probably have a leak in your vacuum system somewhere or blew a seal.
Hook up a gauge that reads vac and check it out.

One other possible cause is you're losing traction or your clutch is fried.
You'll have to be a lot more descriptive of your story for any further explanations.

gotboost03

gotboost?
Established Member
I appreciate you responding. Yes it is a pretty basic set up. Eaton with CAI and a 2.8 upper. I also have a full exhaust. The clutch is very new only 3k on it and never driven hard. Until I get the car in and make sure the tune that is on there I baby the car. In fact I have had the car for 3 years and never redlined it in any gear. When I do punch it the boost will peg at about 15 but drops back down a little. Maybe its because I am not staying in it long. I have heard that even reving it in neutral the boost guage will move but mine does not. Is this normal? I hope this helps. Maybe I just need to get out there and hit hard a few times. The car does beak loose really easy. I have Bridgestone Potenza 295/30/19 tires on the car. Not what I want but came on it so for now it will have to do.

Users who are viewing this thread