I take back anything I said Bad about the KB

Fastford

Established Member
OK,
Got everything sorted out on the KB install. My Tuner Put a conservitive tuneup, I mean CONSERVITIVE tune when I went over to his house after my install. He wanted to wait untill I could get it on the dyno. I think his exact words were" I knew you would get on it so I took all the power away until I could tune it correctly."

This thing felt like a DOG I was ready to pitch it, I was thinking this car is a P.O.S. I should have burned my money. Well let me tell you I am very pleased with the outcome:thumbsup:
We made 540 hp and 500Ft. Lbs of Tq, with 15 lbs. of boost. I am in love!!!
I have one complante. When I roll into it hard in 1st the nshift to 2nd it lerches I am not sure what the deal is. Kinda a jerk. Seems like something with the boost dump and how it is directly hooked up. I need to go over the instructions again and see WTF!!!

Pretty Awsome setup..

PS... Thanks to HPH for the speedy delivery of the oil catch can.... didnt make any mess on the dyno.

Thanks,

Jason

Thumbs up to Brian Heron at APTEN PERFORMANCE.... NO chips:p All done by flashing the computer.

Last edited:

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
Do you have any other mods could you post a list of what all you have done and are you running the BAP

if you dont mind could you PM with the cost of your setup i am really interested in getting KB just dont want to by extra things i dont need

Thanks jeff

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Can you post your dyno. Did you graph the A/F? Sounds like it's running nice and safe in the mid 11's for A/F

Fastford

Established Member
It is running right aroumd 11.6.-11.8 There was one part down low that hit 12.0 I am pretty pleased. I have a hesitation at the gear change when I get back into it.??? Not sure what thats all about.

stangin

Established Member
Originally posted by vector
Do you have any other mods could you post a list of what all you have done and are you running the BAP

if you dont mind could you PM with the cost of your setup i am really interested in getting KB just dont want to by extra things i dont need

Thanks jeff

KB was about $4200 with the Accufab from KB.. for me 55 lb injectors, new Diablo tune, metco lower to stop belt slipage for 21 lbs of boost.. about another $1200. If you are more conservative than me with 17 lbs boost or so then it would be the $4200. See my sig if it shows up this time :)

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by Fastford
It is running right aroumd 11.6.-11.8 There was one part down low that hit 12.0 I am pretty pleased. I have a hesitation at the gear change when I get back into it.??? Not sure what thats all about.
Are you using the BAP and do you have the KB setup like the stock eaton to dump boost at a shift?

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Speaking of dumping boost during shifting, will you lose time in the 1/4 when that happens....?

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Originally posted by stangin
KB was about $4200 with the Accufab from KB.. for me 55 lb injectors, new Diablo tune, metco lower to stop belt slipage for 21 lbs of boost.. about another $1200. If you are more conservative than me with 17 lbs boost or so then it would be the $4200. See my sig if it shows up this time :)

Your numbers are with 15lbs though not 21lbs right? Are you thinking of going with more boost?

Great numbers!!

thanks,
Crowley

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by 03snake
Speaking of dumping boost during shifting, will you lose time in the 1/4 when that happens....?
Probably just a tad. On the other side of the coin, ya miss a shift and your trying to force a ton of air into an engine that doesnt need it and its hard on things. I personally have mine so it does not dump boost.

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
Setting it up to not dump boost is taht done from the ECM or some other way

Jeff

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by vector
Setting it up to not dump boost is taht done from the ECM or some other way

Jeff
It can be done via EEC or via vacuum lines etc. On the eaton you can just pull the plug going to the dump selenoid.

MJ32V

Established Member
If you don't want boost lag immediately after a shift, you will need to disconnect the boost modulator... believe it is controlled by clutch operated switch. Drawback is if you miss shift full throttle, there could have some nasty consequences.

MJ

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
if youi have your boost dump off and miss a shift what happens have any of you done this?

Need facts from people who run it like this

thanks jeff

Users who are viewing this thread