I surprised from Vortech?

saadcobra

Be away from me
Established Member
I just enter Vortech site and I surprised the power that come out. This system will produce 490 horsepower on an unmodified engine. What is the time@ ¼ should get it with this s/c? How much it cost? Is it worth money?
Any one from install it?

Wylde Horses

4.56 gear advocate
Established Member
:lol: Only 490? Hah, you could get probably 550+ to the wheels with the S-Trim with the impeller upgrade, powerpipe, intercooler, smaller pulley, full exhaust and a dyno tune. However, did Vortech happen to mention how long that engine lasted? Were they able to drive it off the rollers after they ran it on the dyno, or did it have to be pushed off and rolled away? :kaboom: :bash: :thumbsup:

Last edited:

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by 01BlueCOBRA
S-Trim have a website ?

is this a serious question?

if it is...the S-Trim is a model of Vortech supercharger....different "trims" for diff performance levels...
A trim, B trim, S trim, T trim, etc......

SVTHorsnake

Banned
what's happening here? I don't understand the question and why he posted in the new edge forum... and didn't know Vortech made a kit for the Terminator...:shrug:

Wylde Horses

4.56 gear advocate
Established Member
He's talking about an '03-'04 Cobra? I thought he was referring to a Vortech kit for a '99-'01 Cobra... :shrug: :(

Last edited:

99SVTcobraVERT

well first off the e trim will indeed make around 490 hp BUT its at the flywheel, NOT produced at the rear wheels. typically most people say 15% with the 5spd fords, some say higer but take 15% and that is right at 420 at wheels. this sounds about right w/o exhaust and tune. you cant expect much else from 9psi and a car that made 265-280 at wheels factory.

most with the e trim make around 440-450 range with average bolt on stuff with exhaust, this of course is also with custom tune, and no aftercooler. if you want 490 at the wheels then you need a nice starting range of 300+ at wheels, a GREAT tune and be prepared to push the limits of timing and your a/f ratio.

guys with the s trim (which is NOT designed for 7000 rpm range of a cobra, but was made for gt) will make 13psi or so at peak and easily make 480-500+ at wheels. they can also do this with average mods and can usually do it with an average tune because of the amount of boost being pushed. they also run into the prob of lots of btu involved with the boost, so they have to be VERY careful of detonation if they dont have aftercooler or hell even if they do. i hope this info helps out some. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread