I spilled some transmission fluid on the carpet. Any suggestions to clean it?

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
I tried a search but apparently "transmission" is too common of a word lol.

I was able to soak up most of it, pretty much used an entire roll of paper towels, but there is still some staining. Any products/methods that could help?

Thanks

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
Not sure what is going to get that oil up without ruining the carpet. If it was me i would get a towel and place it on the carpet and step on it, till it soaked as much up as possible. I've used Folex with pretty good results for other stains on carpet, I am just not sure if it will get transmission fluid up. Please let us know if you are able to get it cleaned since I am sure this will happen to me one day.

Stanger00

Established Member
May as well just go and rent a rug doctor. I bought a small Bissell for this kind of stuff. Dabbing and hand scrubbing doesn't work when getting those stains out.

Chewy

Established Member
I would suggest pulling the carpet if possible...

Use a bunch of baking soda to absorb the remaining fluid. Then, pre-soak with a fabric safe Degreaser / All Purpose Cleaner. Aggitate, then vacuum and towel dry. Repeat until it's gone. An Extractor works great too.

sneakysnake03

SVT
Established Member
Brake Cleaner should get it out. I have used it on clothes with positive results it even got out diesel oil out of one of my work shirts.

Users who are viewing this thread