I Sold the Cobra for........What???

RichM1983

Established Member
So back a month or two ago I decided it was time to move the Cobra. I've had two different 03's over the past two years or so and I enjoyed them tremendously but was ready to move on. I sold the car and just kept the cash and contemplated different toys but I'm big into ATV's and motorcycles and have a KTM 450sxf and a Quadzilla so I figured I'd just save the cash when a really killer deal came up.

The ole 03....
DSC_0013.jpg

The new toy. It is an 02 GT Vert with auto, cloth, and no Mach. Couldn't believe it didn't have the Mach radio.
null_zps3429e841.gif

Aren't those rims the stock ones for like 99? They didn't come on an 02 did they? I plan no mods except for maybe a cheap set of oem style Bullitts.

It amazes me that when I was younger I dreamed of having a GT. After owning an 03 that poor little 2v can't muster much. I know the auto doesn't help but I can't believe I ever thought the 2v was fast in stock form.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Monster Mach

Established Member
So back a month or two ago I decided it was time to move the Cobra. I've had two different 03's over the past two years or so and I enjoyed them tremendously but was ready to move on. I sold the car and just kept the cash and contemplated different toys but I'm big into ATV's and motorcycles and have a KTM 450sxf and a Quadzilla so I figured I'd just save the cash when a really killer deal came up.

The ole 03....
DSC_0013.jpg

The new toy. It is an 02 GT Vert with auto, cloth, and no Mach. Couldn't believe it didn't have the Mach radio.
null_zps3429e841.gif

Aren't those rims the stock ones for like 99? They didn't come on an 02 did they? I plan no mods except for maybe a cheap set of oem style Bullitts.

It amazes me that when I was younger I dreamed of having a GT. After owning an 03 that poor little 2v can't muster much. I know the auto doesn't help but I can't believe I ever thought the 2v was fast in stock form.

Thanks for looking.

Clean car. What is the special edition mustang that has rims similar to yours but different? Sorry very broad. I think they look sexy on the color

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
You're going the wrong way. lol I could never make that downgrade especially if its something I drive everyday.

What are your plans for the GT?

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
All isn't lost, you can make those GT's very nice but it really depends if you want to put money it since your hobby is ATV's. My 1996 is fully loaded and came with mach 460, can't believe yours didn't, thought that option would be standard in the new edges lol.

walt460

SN95 Judge
Established Member
I think those are the base 2002 GT wheels.

They are not 35th anniversary wheels as those wheels, as shown in that post, are similar but unique wheels and centers and right now, have gotten very expensive.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
You got the slowest of them all, an auto vert. But it does look good, a stalled and blown gt can be nasty. Those rims came stock on the 99-00 GTs. Someone swapped them out, they are the lightest rims put on a mustang.

Last edited:

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
I feel you OP. I've owned an '03 Cobra and a built and blown '97 Cobra. Now I have an auto '03 GT vert. I've put more miles on it than I did both of the Cobras. It's not fast at all, but it's nice to drive with the top down. Plus, when I get my next toy, I can give this one to the wife and not hear her complain because I bought another car she can't drive. It's a win-win!

Sick03Vert

Banned
My guess would be if the OP traded down from Cobra to GT, he probably doesn't race much nor care to. :shrug:

OP, I feel ya. I had always wanted a Mustang GT and I absolutely loved my '99 GT 35th coupe. Not the fastest thing, but mods were cheap and the car was drop dead gorgeous. Not a day goes by that I don't miss it. I take comfort in knowing she needed a LOT of work when I sold her at 110k miles. :whine:

Very nice car and, no doubt, a cheaper investment. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread