I sell the wrong brand...

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
They own 26 dealerships?!? Jesus.

Searched....yep, they own 3 in my county in Maryland and 1 that is less than 8 miles from my house.
That’s all ?
Two dealers here in Mass. have a lot more.

Herb chambers and Ernie boch Jr., or EBJ around here.

He’s the one that had kindig do the lime green stretched and widened coyote Pantera last season, a 3 year build.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
That’s all ?
Two dealers here in Mass. have a lot more.

Herb chambers and Ernie boch Jr., or EBJ around here.

He’s the one that had kindig do the lime green stretched and widened coyote Pantera last season, a 3 year build.
Herb is on another level. He has what? 60 dealerships?

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Good for him.

Serious question, what the hell do these people do with a house that's 20k square feet? I've lived in 2k square foot homes with rooms I never set foot in.

I agreed, but can 1% shed light on the subject. A YTer I watch did a tour of his new vacation house here in FL. Knowing an average 2K sq/ft house here, I'll say his is 6-8K. In addition to larger than normal rooms, yeah, he has like 8 bedrooms. What he made fairly clear, is he loves taking care of his friends and family, and the layout of the house almost works like 4 wings, so he can have people over and they have their own living room, their own fridge, their own bedrooms, etc. Basically people can fly down and enjoy a FL vacation while staying at his house, while seeing him rarely if at all.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Dug for a little more info. It's actually 4 properties/houses, all for sale at once.

x7bhyfY.jpg

3 houses over 3 properties, and the 4th property is simply a private park.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Herb is on another level. He has what? 60 dealerships?
Yeah I think about 60.

And I heard EBJ actually sold all his dealerships, kept Ferrari and Maserati, and still has his piece of every Subaru sold in the United States under a lifetime deal his father made to be the official importer for Subaru.

blk02edge

Established Member
There's a house in Vancouver that's upwards of 40k sq ft... and word on the street is it's a replica of another house the guys owns somewhere else as well.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Damn, our house is 3300 sq Ft and it has rooms I haven’t been in in a long time. It’s just the wife and I with the kids coming up to visit occasionally. I can’t fathom the need for any more space

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Damn, our house is 3300 sq Ft and it has rooms I haven’t been in in a long time. It’s just the wife and I with the kids coming up to visit occasionally. I can’t fathom the need for any more space

Mine is 2100 and I haven't used one of the bathrooms in 2 months. Sunroom is 3 months.

Turned 1 bedroom into a podcast room, other into a movie room.. just cause of having it.

I think of downsizing... but who knows

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I just did a bid for a client's 18,000 sqft house on a 140 acres in Bucks Co. that he downsized from 24,000 sqft. The magnitude of the house is just ridiculous. The master bedroom was 2,200 sqft with a safe room and elevator.

The funny thing is some of the contractors I dealt with were telling me about these 30,000 and 40,000 sqft houses they were building.

It's all for show. It's about showing your associates how deep your wallets are. When you have that kind of money what else do you do with it.
My client came to this country at 17 with nothing and made a fortune breaking his balls. Some of the people I worked with were jealous and dismissive, I found it inspiring. There's no other country in the world were you can start with nothing and make that kind of fortune.

Users who are viewing this thread