I saw a new z06 run last night

tv's 03

Established Member
Very cool car and a nice guy. But I expected to see better times. The track was slippery, but I witnessed 2 of his runs. The first was a 12.56 at 117. He finally got a 12.2 at 120 at the end of the night.

I wonder what he could have done with traction? Somehow I am doubting the 127 mph traps stock, I don't think it would have that much more in it

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
with traction? he probably had it to some degree, they come with like 315 series tires stock.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
tv's 03 said:
Very cool car and a nice guy. But I expected to see better times. The track was slippery, but I witnessed 2 of his runs. The first was a 12.56 at 117. He finally got a 12.2 at 120 at the end of the night.

I wonder what he could have done with traction? Somehow I am doubting the 127 mph traps stock, I don't think it would have that much more in it

Bad driver? :shrug:

30th T/A

Established Member
why are people so stupid!!!
the only stock c6 z06's trapping 127 are the BEST OF THE BEST drivers, in PERFECT weather, and everything 100% in their favor. yes a stock c6 z06 HAS the potential to do it.
people see a average or below driver in a c6 z06 trap 120 and then they think " well it cant be done....127mph is a total lie, cant be done, i just witnessed it" :rollseyes

Last edited:

shocker 420

Established Member
30th T/A said:
why are people so stupid!!!
the only stock c6 z06's trapping 127 are the BEST OF THE BEST drivers, in PERFECT weather, and everything 100% in their favor. yes a stock c6 z06 HAS the potential to do it.
people see a average or below driver in a c6 z06 trap 120 and then they think " well it cant be done....127mph is a total lie, cant be done, i just witnessed it" :rollseyes

+1 :beer:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The more I see from these cars the more I hope Ford can emmulate Chevy's performance to cost ratio.

mustangbee

Established Member
ive seen a stock 03 cobra run low to high 13's all night, somehow i doubt they can dip into the 12's..lol..

REPCobra10

Established Member
tv's 03 said:
Somehow I am doubting the 127 mph traps stock, I don't think it would have that much more in it

Oh yes hell they can trap 127 mph bone stock on stock tires, but only by a great driver, like a guy named Ranger. I believe his name on this forum is C6_Z06 or something like that. Maybe he can give you more information on it. He makes drag racing his Vette's a damn science and everything is taken into consideration by him. He has the best techniques and he keeps posting up amazing times with his stock C6 Z06. I think his best bone stock on stock tires was 11.3x @ 127.xx. However, you are correct about it not being common as most drivers you come across aren't half as good as Ranger. Anyways, all take it easy.

Last edited:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I watched a red, bone stock, 06 C6 Z06 run at capitol raceway a few weeks ago. The track was cold, it was 45 degrees outside and there was a 20 mph cross wind. The Vette launched from a dead idol and his reaction time was okay at best. He still managed to eek out a 12.21 @ 120mph after all that, which was a far cry better than the dismal 14.50 the 06 Mustang GT ran right after him.

C6 Z06

Established Member
Ranger and myself are two different people. Ranger has turned his runs into a science and for that can run consistent times. I myself just hit the go pedal and if it feels right do it again. Trust me when I say this car is a 11.5 to 11.7 car at mid 120's and up stock on stock rubber. It has 325's(runcraps) and it takes some practice to attain those times on that rubber. Change to DR's and it's low 11's in upper 120's on a consistent basis. I have a track rental on April 14th and with headers, tune and DR's I expect to see a 10.9, but if I don't then it will be fun trying. :beer:

StangJason

Established Member
Mr. Mach-ete said:
I watched a red, bone stock, 06 C6 Z06 run at capitol raceway a few weeks ago. The track was cold, it was 45 degrees outside and there was a 20 mph cross wind. The Vette launched from a dead idol and his reaction time was okay at best. He still managed to eek out a 12.21 @ 120mph after all that, which was a far cry better than the dismal 14.50 the 06 Mustang GT ran right after him.

I ran two 11.9s @118 and 119mph in about the exact conditions you just described while in my 03 Cobra and the funny thing is that I was launching off idle having to back off because of wheelhop at the top of 2nd and 1st. If I ever posted a kill against one of these cars everyone would be throwing up :bs: signs because oddly enough on an SVT website Z06s are unbeatable :nonono: and from what I've seen I'm at least .3 faster than your average Joe driver and just imagine if I could have pulled better than a 1.9 60ft time on my best run.

I don't know this Ranger guy but to pull an extra 7mph in the 1/4 mile out of a kind of car that seems to average less than 7mph stock as his is suppodely makes me think a few things (1) He's got some hidden modifications or not hidden (n2o, lower gearing, porting etc) though it might appear stock from the outside. (2) He's got a factory freak or one of the cars Chevy built with extra power to be used by magazines (3) Maybe the whole story is :bs: What do I think? I find the stories about Ranger interesting but it really doesn't matter to me if the stories are true or not because Ranger's times don't affect me really (just another 1/4 mile time claim on the internet) except for entertainment purposes.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
with traction? he probably had it to some degree, they come with like 315 series tires stock.

those tires are big but suck! run flat garbage... never hoook up well

anyway its funny that ppl dont think a 3100lb car with 450rwhp wont go mid 124-126mph. need to spend some time at the drag strip.. these cars arent easy to drive. they never ment to be drag cars.. thats why they have beaten all foreign supercars under 400000 dollars at the RING. its a handler.. not a launch car.

most ppl that drive these things get 2.0 60's..... teh car is capable of 1.7's on good drag radials easy!!. do you know how much time is picked up by takin off .3 seconds on your 60 foot? mph improvents are great too.

i have raced a C6 vette that went 13.88 at 105mph. they should be 12.4's at 115 in the hands of a good driver. i'm not gonna assume that all C6's only are mid high 13's at best at 105-106mph. thats just dumb

I ran two 11.9s @118 and 119mph in about the exact conditions you just described while in my 03 Cobra and the funny thing is that I was launching off idle having to back off because of wheelhop at the top of 2nd and 1st. If I ever posted a kill against one of these cars everyone would be throwing up signs

at the strip, mph dont mean much.. its the ET's that matter. your 11.94 would be plenty to beat a Z06, even tho they should be mid high 11's stock, i can see some poor drivers being 12's. but race one from a roll and you'll find out quickly how under powered you are. it takes a 500rwhp cobra to hang, more like 550 in most cases i seen on kills and vids

Last edited:

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
C6 Z06 said:
Ranger and myself are two different people. Ranger has turned his runs into a science and for that can run consistent times. I myself just hit the go pedal and if it feels right do it again. Trust me when I say this car is a 11.5 to 11.7 car at mid 120's and up stock on stock rubber. It has 325's(runcraps) and it takes some practice to attain those times on that rubber. Change to DR's and it's low 11's in upper 120's on a consistent basis. I have a track rental on April 14th and with headers, tune and DR's I expect to see a 10.9, but if I don't then it will be fun trying. :beer:

I am so getting one!!!! I'll wait a year or two till they become reach able 2 me...to those who can buy them now more power to you :beer:

slow trans am

StangJason said:
I ran two 11.9s @118 and 119mph in about the exact conditions you just described while in my 03 Cobra and the funny thing is that I was launching off idle having to back off because of wheelhop at the top of 2nd and 1st. If I ever posted a kill against one of these cars everyone would be throwing up :bs: signs because oddly enough on an SVT website Z06s are unbeatable :nonono: and from what I've seen I'm at least .3 faster than your average Joe driver and just imagine if I could have pulled better than a 1.9 60ft time on my best run.

I don't know this Ranger guy but to pull an extra 7mph in the 1/4 mile out of a kind of car that seems to average less than 7mph stock as his is suppodely makes me think a few things (1) He's got some hidden modifications or not hidden (n2o, lower gearing, porting etc) though it might appear stock from the outside. (2) He's got a factory freak or one of the cars Chevy built with extra power to be used by magazines (3) Maybe the whole story is :bs: What do I think? I find the stories about Ranger interesting but it really doesn't matter to me if the stories are true or not because Ranger's times don't affect me really (just another 1/4 mile time claim on the internet) except for entertainment purposes.

someone obviously doesn't understand how bad a driver can kill performance. most of the time the people who can afford these cars are old rich guys who can't drive to save there life. they just have money and are out having fun. im not saying all of them, but most.

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
The driver mod is key here, as with any high hp car. I've seen Cobra's run 14's, so what? Having actually driven a C6 Z06, I can say first hand that you have to force yourself to run it up redline, at 5K you feel like you should shift (and that's what I did LOL). I wouldn't be surprised if the guys that are only getting 118-120 are short shifting.

StangJason

Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
at the strip, mph dont mean much.. its the ET's that matter. your 11.94 would be plenty to beat a Z06, even tho they should be mid high 11's stock, i can see some poor drivers being 12's. but race one from a roll and you'll find out quickly how under powered you are. it takes a 500rwhp cobra to hang, more like 550 in most cases i seen on kills and vids

Ok mph is a horsepower indicator...On several occasions I've totally annhilated my tires out of the hole at the track and every time my mph was within 2mph of what it always is.

I've raced a 2003 Z06 making a claimed 434rwhp and that driver must've sucked from a roll because the one time we had a run side by side I pulled a car and half ahead and stayed there till 120+. Then I slowed down because of a car in my lane and got behind him and he punched it then I punched it and I stayed on his rearend. I realized on the paper and on the internet I shouldn't have beaten and hung with this car but in reality either because of a poor driver and/or maybe a better powerband I beat that car from a roll :shrug:

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
could be a driver error.. never know.. maybe he didnt have 434 rwhp? who knows man...

the street is a crazy world.. most anything can happen.

tv's 03

Established Member
Some of you guys really misinterpreted what I was saying. Really no need to call me stupid. I have been around the drag strip since I was a kid. I know he was having alot of traction issues, not really the drivers fault. My point was I do not think it would amount to 7 mph. It amazes me how some cars are so fast on the internet but rarely put it down at the drag strip.

stock ls1 is a 109 trapper on the internet
is a 105 trapper in reality

A 99 cobra can go mid 13's at 105 stock on the internet
on the track its lucky to go 103

Its not a ford chevy thing. Its an internet thing, and I certainly never said my car was faster, but some idiot above had to say ohh it will beat your car

Users who are viewing this thread