I replaced the tob, now clutch is firm?

NA97GT

Established Member
I have had a centerforce dual friction on the car for a a few years, clutch was always really light feeling. I just replaced my tob bearing cause it was toast, and at the same time decided to replace my pivot ball and clutch fork. Now my clutch feels like its much harder to press in compared to before. What could be the cause of this, I do not have a firewall adjuster or quadrant, and still use the stock cable. Perhaps the stock cable adjuster finally took up the extra slack in the cable?

NA97GT

Established Member
Has anyone replaced the throw out bearing, pivot ball, and clutch fork? did your clutch feel heavier after?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
I don't understand why you installed an aftermarket clutch and didn't install a quadrant and F/W adjuster. That is most likely why your TOB failed.
Anyway, I would install these parts and see how the pedal feels then.

NA97GT

Established Member
I had the centerforce clutch installed 4 years ago and no one informed a quadrant was required. The bearing failed most likely because it was the centerforce crappy tob. I plan to get a quadrant, I believe the current problem is because the bearing was installed incorrectly, ie under the spring clips.

Users who are viewing this thread