i removed my blower and need help.

Bearden86

Established Member
I removed my blower since the car is parked for the winter to start porting it. I have a few questions regarding the installation along with a few others. First when I removed the intercooler manifold some coolant spilled under the lower intake. How do I go about removing the injectors so I can take off the lower intake to clean my mess. Second when I removed the blower rotors I noticed quite a bit of the teflon coating missing, it even appeared to be scraping off the tips of the rotors when I was pulling it from the case. I pulled it as evenly as possible. is this cause for concern I have pics on my phone but im not sure how to upload them here. third I will be needing all new gaskets where is the best place to get them. Any info/tips are much apperciated.

mach1033

Established Member
When I upgraded my blower two years ago I bought a complete gasket and bolts kit from toisleu ford. If you go to the vendor section you will see there business name. Your gonna have to post some pics of your issues with the rotors.

Torrance

Shenanigans!
Established Member
I think you can strip the rotors chemically. Look around, I beleive POSI had a thread about doing this without issue. Steg may even do it too. Good Luck!

BLU3VN0M

SVT Addict
Established Member
The injectors just pop out. There are little clips on each injector, take those off and then they will just come out. watch out for spillage, and make sure you dont turn the key to the on position while you have them out

Parts-is-Parts

Established Member
The injectors just pop out. There are little clips on each injector, take those off and then they will just come out. watch out for spillage, and make sure you dont turn the key to the on position while you have them out

The clips DO NOT need to be removed. They are there to keep the injector centered...thats it.

SlipperySnake

Established Member
Hey man, I remember you messaging me for my porting buddy. As for the injectors... Release the pressure in the fuel system by opening the pressure release on the front end of the passenger side fuel rail, otherwise fuel will blow everywhere when you try to pull it off like I did. Without releasing the pressure lol. Unplug the fuel rail pressure sensor to get it out of the way. Last unbolt the four nut/studs that hold down the fuel rail(two on each rail). Then just pull and tug gently until they come off. You also do not need to take the clips off like mentioned above. Pull the lower intake out once you have the bolts loose and thats it. You can now clean out the valley of the block. Depending on the mileage I'd definitely put new o-rings on the injectors, top and bottom as well as new gaskets, all just insurance it wont leak when reassembled. Another thing is that while you're in there now is a perfect time to do the Lethal Performance head cooling mod. So easy with all the shit out of the way.

Have any more questions or need help just shoot me a PM buddy.

Bearden86

Established Member
Hey man, I remember you messaging me for my porting buddy. As for the injectors... Release the pressure in the fuel system by opening the pressure release on the front end of the passenger side fuel rail, otherwise fuel will blow everywhere when you try to pull it off like I did. Without releasing the pressure lol. Unplug the fuel rail pressure sensor to get it out of the way. Last unbolt the four nut/studs that hold down the fuel rail(two on each rail). Then just pull and tug gently until they come off. You also do not need to take the clips off like mentioned above. Pull the lower intake out once you have the bolts loose and thats it. You can now clean out the valley of the block. Depending on the mileage I'd definitely put new o-rings on the injectors, top and bottom as well as new gaskets, all just insurance it wont leak when reassembled. Another thing is that while you're in there now is a perfect time to do the Lethal Performance head cooling mod. So easy with all the shit out of the way.

Have any more questions or need help just shoot me a PM buddy.

Thank you very much I have the lower intake off and cleaned the valley. I just need the $ to order the parts now I wont have the car back togther until march. It's funny how my wants far out way what the wallet is willing to do for me. I will for sure be asking you questions when its time to throw the car back together. There's so many connetions haha. Thanks for all the imput much apperciated.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread