I recently lowered my Cobra and it seems to look higher in the front than the back?

99cobra99

1993 Black Cobra Modded
Established Member
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can make the front and rear of my car even with the tire and fender gap height. It looks funny with a larger gap in the front as compared to the rear. I hope to eventually make them equal. All help would be greatly appreciated. Here is a picture;

http://img389.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa1200314zo.jpg

Sincerely,

Randy :rockon:

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
yeah there is deffinitly something wrong with that
i was going to say that the rear usually sits lower, so depending on the springs itd be still low, but theres something wrong
do you have the isolators in? did you place them in the same way as they came out?

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
All Fox bodies I have seen lowered look just like that...Thats how they sit stock too. It's strange... :shrug:

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
Make sure the pigtail on the rear springs is seated correctly in the lower control arm. Unfortunately, the foxes do start to sag a little in the rear over time with the stock setup. I assume these are new springs ... did you change the spring isolators out when you did the swap? A sure fire way of having the car sit as you want it is to go with coil overs. However, I would check the pigtail on the rear springs, make sure the front springs are properly seated in the front control arm (looks like you have pretty big gap in the front), the wear of the isolators and if all else fails, get yourself some weight jacker LCAs.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
I was going to suggest looking at the pigtails also. There is definatly somethin funky about it, I've never seen a fox sit like that.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
tunedin302 said:
Make sure the pigtail on the rear springs is seated correctly in the lower control arm. Unfortunately, the foxes do start to sag a little in the rear over time with the stock setup. I assume these are new springs ... did you change the spring isolators out when you did the swap? A sure fire way of having the car sit as you want it is to go with coil overs. However, I would check the pigtail on the rear springs, make sure the front springs are properly seated in the front control arm (looks like you have pretty big gap in the front), the wear of the isolators and if all else fails, get yourself some weight jacker LCAs.
Yeh, the pigtail on the bottom of the spring should be pointing to the drivers side of the car at the rear. You can also order some Prothane spring isolaters that will add another 3/8" to the heigth. They are only $20 from www.50resto.com.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Sounds a little "cheap" but there are little blocks you can turn in between the coils, and it will give a certain amount of lift. I was going to put a set of them on my old Cobra, after I replaced the rear springs and it just didn't look high enough to suit me. I like a high rear end.

girls.gif

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :beer: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread