I picked up an Ipad....

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
So I picked one up yesterday on a "moment" thing. So far its a fun little toy that I have been playing with while the g/f watches her reality shows. Anyone own one, and if so what app's do you recommend?

Before anyone says anything of why did you purchase an IPAD, just remember....I wear premium jeans. :rockon:

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
it's just a giant iphone. but i guess it's as good a reason as any to spend 500 bucks. lol.

Except for the phone part...

I dont have an ipad and doubt ill ever buy one. And this is coming from someone with an iPhone, iMac, and Macbook Pro.

I just dont see the point of it. It's not practical. If I have to use a backpack with me to carry it, I'll just take my macbook.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
FordMustangLove said:
i have a laptop, does everything your $500 pad does but with higher rez and blu ray drive

We probably all see your point but I don't think an ultra-intuitive touchscreen UI with moderate real estate is a trivial feature. I really enjoy the web experience offered by the IPAD but cannot find an overwhelming need to have one.

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
Except for the phone part...

I dont have an ipad and doubt ill ever buy one. And this is coming from someone with an iPhone, iMac, and Macbook Pro.

I just dont see the point of it. It's not practical. If I have to use a backpack with me to carry it, I'll just take my macbook.

I use a laptop for work (home office), and I own an imac 27" (not mobile). I actually cannot stand being in my home office once my day is done. Its a nice lil toy I play with on the couch while watching tv or playing video games. I find it practical in use.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
I use a laptop for work (home office), and I own an imac 27" (not mobile). I actually cannot stand being in my home office once my day is done. Its a nice lil toy I play with on the couch while watching tv or playing video games. I find it practical in use.

just admit you got steve jobbed.

Ironhand

Banned
Ive messed with one that my buddy has. It was a fun and teat little toy that I almost killed his battery cause I wouldnt hand it back to him lol But its really not as practical and useful to have as a laptop and its much bigger then an iphone. So its just a neat little toy to have.

chrisheltra

Established Member
Ive messed with one that my buddy has. It was a fun and teat little toy that I almost killed his battery cause I wouldnt hand it back to him lol But its really not as practical and useful to have as a laptop and its much bigger then an iphone. So its just a neat little toy to have.

Got mammaries on the brain?

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
I have one, and I use it more than my laptop now. It's easier to carry around/lay on the couch with to read books and watch videos. Browsing is just as easy.

I don't have too many apps, I use flipboard pretty often. Also osmos is a pretty cool game I recently found.

txyaloo

Established Member
don't see a point in having a stretched ipod touch.

That's because you don't have the expendable income to buy one.

Mine stays in the bathroom library most of the time. It's good for reading and playing games while getting down to business.

ChrisRedGT

Established Member
That's because you don't have the expendable income to buy one.

Mine stays in the bathroom library most of the time. It's good for reading and playing games while getting down to business.

Funny you say that. It was invaluable potty training my son. Could do movies, books and games for the hours we spent in their until he figured it out ;)

I really believe the market will be families with young kids. The education apps are powerful and not just the games. The ability to touch and interact vs mouse/keyboard is huge.

My son is learning to write his letters with one of the apps where you 'draw' with your finger the letters and it shows him where to go next. This is the same experience (fingers) that he gets in school, but there they are using paint and have to follow the outline on a piece of paper. One screw up, start over with paper, iPad, just reset.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
coworker has one but i believe its called the HTC HD2 lmfao

Users who are viewing this thread